Is the Hilton being nice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Hilton being nice?

Last year Hilton pushed their Diamond status threshold from 100K points to 120K points. I was quite certain that I would not be able to hit the new number unless I "overstayed" on some trips. Well by year end, I didn't make it by about 15K points. But it would seem that they have re-qualified me for Diamond. I've yet to receive any official letter informing me but the Hhonors website has reset itself for 2014 and I'm still listed as Diamond.

So very nice of them. Though I have to say that Diamond doesn't really mean very much extra when compared to Gold except 25% more points and free access to the fitness centre (not many Hiltons have one anyways). The former I appreciate, but having said that the points are very much diluted in value as they increase the requirements to book a night. As an example 100,000 points will probably get 2 nights in a 4* Hilton in London.

It's until the 31st of March. I'm Diamond 'til then and have no nights this year, and probably not many, if any, coming up...

Comment

I've signed up for their promotion in which I can start crediting stays for 2015 status from the start of last year Dec. However when they recently updated their status bar, it seems like all my Dec stays were wiped out from their system.

I've called HHonors and even emailed them a screenshot of me having completed the registration (You have already signed up for this promotion), but was told that the registration page could have been any other promotion pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        It's until the 31st of March. I'm Diamond 'til then and have no nights this year, and probably not many, if any, coming up...
        No, they wiped clean my points from last year and put the needle back to Blue about a week into January. Presumably they have set different anniversaries for different members (quarterlies?), perhaps not to choke their system to death sending out renewals at the same time.

Comment

RCTP: You refer to Jumpstart, that means you hit Diamond already last year, right?

CarbonMan: I wouldn't presume to know what the HH monkeys are doing, but the progress bar for me has also reset to Blue, same as it was last year. Are you referring to Points history? My points balance remains unaffected. Anyway, they'll mean nothing to me shortly, although I will miss my WA VVIP treatment

Perhaps the China Hilton properties will still recognise me from time to time

Comment

@Kyo, Yup. Kinda frustrating. but at the same time it was only 2 stays at 4N each. So i'm still thinking if I should go make a fuss out of it. Although I'm not sure who can I kick up a fuss with as HHonors had already swept me under their rugs. Heh.

Comment

HHonors maintain me as gold even though I may not have clocked sufficient qualifying stays....

Are they being nice??
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                CarbonMan: I wouldn't presume to know what the HH monkeys are doing, but the progress bar for me has also reset to Blue, same as it was last year. Are you referring to Points history? My points balance remains unaffected. Anyway, they'll mean nothing to me shortly, although I will miss my WA VVIP treatment
                Not sure if I follow (blame it on jetlag) ... are you suggesting that the Diamond status will "last" till end of March despite the progress bar being reset to Blue already?

Comment

Status lasts until end-Feb, no? Then it will show Dia/Gold/Whatever until the expiry of the status at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    Status lasts until end-Feb, no? Then it will show Dia/Gold/Whatever until the expiry of the status at that time.
                    Ah, thanks for that, stargold. Never read the fineprint. So I have a month of so left to "enjoy" Diamond. And I thought they were nice.
                    Last edited by CarbonMan; 25 January 2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Well HH Diamond Desk told me to call back on 31st March for a reconsideration

Comment

Working...
                      X