Thanks, Hyatt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Hyatt!

Well I suppose the programme had so many great little benefits that it was bound to happen sooner or later, but why couldn't they just increase the points required to redeem free nights and leave the points required for suite upgrades alone. That's a ridiculous increase..... Bl**dy credit cards.

Savage25, have you started using HGP recently ?.

Well I know he focused less effort on IHG recently

Comment

This is one you can't blame on me. I haven't stayed at a Hyatt or used HGP since 2005.

Comment

Were you perhaps thinking about it?

Comment

I keep looking for opportunities to use the former points for confirmed suite upgrades feature, but usually I can find cheaper rates than the Hyatt Daily Rate that I'm entitled to use. Fortunately the Diamond suite upgrade certs allow one to use somewhat cheaper rates, even though they cannot be used for free nights.

Comment

Well at least they're introducing cash + points

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Well I suppose the programme had so many great little benefits that it was bound to happen sooner or later, but why couldn't they just increase the points required to redeem free nights and leave the points required for suite upgrades alone. That's a ridiculous increase..... Bl**dy credit cards.
              It certainly has been quite a devaluation month since UA announced their bloodbath on the 1st.

MAN Flyer, I know firsthand how much you love your suites, but do you actually burn all four of your certificates AND use the 6k point upgrades? In all my years, I've only used TWO certificates -- both at the PHS. All other times, I've been upgraded or haven't cared (read: 1 night business trip).

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              Well at least they're introducing cash + points
              AND they count as stay/night credits...and [85% confirmed] looks like Diamonds can use Suite Certificates on them as well.

There ARE some interesting bargains on the new chart.
              Link: http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...programupdates

Here's the link to the devaluation:

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...t-changes.html
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                MAN Flyer, I know firsthand how much you love your suites, but do you actually burn all four of your certificates AND use the 6k point upgrades? In all my years, I've only used TWO certificates -- both at the PHS. All other times, I've been upgraded or haven't cared (read: 1 night business trip).
                Do you know what, if I am being honest I have only used the 6K a couple of times myself and while I do use all four upgrade certs each year I do tend to end up burning the last two shortly before they expire if they haven't been used previously. Most of them are used at the Churchill in London.

I am about to hopefully use a cert later today to upgrade a week stay I have at the PH Hamburg next year. I would probably use them more but most of my stays each year are at the GH Singapore and I get a junior suite there anyway which I am more than happy with. It's the increase in costs of award nights that annoy me, particularly Sydney. I know a fellow SQTalker who does use the 6K upgrades regularly and I am sure he will be disappointed.

As I won't even attempt to read the UA board on FT due to the crazy amount of posts and threads on it, what have UA done that's upset everyone ?.

Comment

Do you know what, if I am being honest I have only used the 6K a couple of times myself and while I do use all four upgrade certs each year I do tend to end up burning the last two shortly before they expire if they haven't been used previously. Most of them are used at the Churchill in London.
                  You're funnier when you're dishonest and angry.

Is it necessary at the Churchill and Hamburg? Off the top of my head, I can't think of many properties that it NEEDS to be used to guarantee a monster room.

...most of my stays each year are at the GH Singapore and I get a junior suite there anyway which I am more than happy with.
                  What IS a junior suite there? The ones in the rear tower?

It's the increase in costs of award nights that annoy me, particularly Sydney.
                  Yup, there are a few that make no sense on there: PH Chicago, Andaz 5th Ave, Andaz Wall St.

As I won't even attempt to read the UA board on FT due to the crazy amount of posts and threads on it, what have UA done that's upset everyone ?.
                  I'm almost NEVER on TOF at all. Too much noise to wade through.

Here's the chart up until January 31st:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...2012-03-03.pdf

Here's the new one effective February 1st:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...t-02-01-14.pdf

The biggest glaring change is USA-Middle East in F. Return goes from 150,000 to 280,000.

Burn Burn Burn
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    Is it necessary at the Churchill and Hamburg? Off the top of my head, I can't think of many properties that it NEEDS to be used to guarantee a monster room.
                    Churchill definitely, the rooms there are very small. Hamburg definitely not necessary but as it is a seven night stay it's excellent use of one.

What IS a junior suite there? The ones in the rear tower?.
                    No I never go in the rear tower. They did try and put me in a room there in successive visits last year but I made it clear this was not acceptable so I always get a junior suite in the front. There are a couple of different versions of it but it basically has a completely separate lounge and bedroom along with walk in closet. Great rooms and never even have to discuss it with them, they just give me one every time. Quality hotel.

I'm almost NEVER on TOF at all. Too much noise to wade through.

Here's the chart up until January 31st:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...2012-03-03.pdf

Here's the new one effective February 1st:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...t-02-01-14.pdf

The biggest glaring change is USA-Middle East in F. Return goes from 150,000 to 280,000.

Burn Burn Burn
                    Ah!.

Comment

So i better find something to do with my 60K orphan points before they buy me even less or get eliminated due to years of inactivity

Hmm call me crazy, but 8K points for a room at the GH CGK still sound pretty good value wise looking at best flex rates of 280 USD and higher, no wonder it'll go to Cat 3. Hmm, need to figure out a good place & value to book some nights then before Jan 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                        So i better find something to do with my 60K orphan points before they buy me even less or get eliminated due to years of inactivity

Hmm call me crazy, but 8K points for a room at the GH CGK still sound pretty good value wise looking at best flex rates of 280 USD and higher, no wonder it'll go to Cat 3. Hmm, need to figure out a good place & value to book some nights then before Jan 2014.
                        There's plenty of great deals to be had. PHT and PHS come immediately to mind. PHZ is an incredible savings -- as is PHVD. You could wait to see how Cash & Points shapes up and perhaps get even MORE bang for that 60k.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Hyatt sent me a gold card,..... any use for that??
                          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                            Hyatt sent me a gold card,..... any use for that??
                            You could ask for another one, mount the two on a piece of cardboard, and use them as a coaster. Probably the best use.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                            X