Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kuala Lumpur: Ritz Carlton or Mandarin Oriental?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuala Lumpur: Ritz Carlton or Mandarin Oriental?

Hi,
    I will be in KL in the coming week and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the two properties and could advise on which is worth staying at. I'm currently leaning towards the MO simply because I hear it's more centrally located for shopping being at KLCC.

MTIA
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

A lot would depend on what you want to do. But if shopping @ KLCC is the goal then certainly the MO as they are both connected by a walkway.

But if shopping in the golden triangle then the RC. Although the Westin/JW Marriott is even nearer.

Comment

Brand new Grand Hyatt just opened up days ago.
      HUGE AL

Comment

might as well include the traders as well then

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
          Hi,
          I will be in KL in the coming week and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the two properties and could advise on which is worth staying at. I'm currently leaning towards the MO simply because I hear it's more centrally located for shopping being at KLCC.
          Any reason you came up with those two ?.

MO is obviously more centrally located for KLCC as it is next to it. The RC is down a side street behind the Westin on Bukit Bintang, while not ideal for KLCC it is ideal for Pavillion which is opposite the Westin. The Westin in one of my favourites in KL, especially now they have opened a great new lounge.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          Brand new Grand Hyatt just opened up days ago.
          I passed that a few weeks ago and it looked ready to go then. That is also very close to KLCC (and the MO) but the prices they seem to want to charge could rightly be described as 'ambitious'.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            I passed that a few weeks ago and it looked ready to go then. That is also very close to KLCC (and the MO) but the prices they seem to want to charge could rightly be described as 'ambitious'.
            I thought the same but took a look inside there the other day and i was extremely impressed. Lobby on on 38th Floor, with rooms below. Lobby lounge and restaurant below and 360 views of KL.

Staff were extremely enthusiastic and helpful.

Still very quiet (soft opening i believe) but definitely one of the best in KL IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Any reason you came up with those two ?.

MO is obviously more centrally located for KLCC as it is next to it. The RC is down a side street behind the Westin on Bukit Bintang, while not ideal for KLCC it is ideal for Pavillion which is opposite the Westin. The Westin in one of my favourites in KL, especially now they have opened a great new lounge.

I have some special rates for these properties. Thanks for your contribution, Really helped me orientate myself in KL.

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
              I thought the same but took a look inside there the other day and i was extremely impressed. Lobby on on 38th Floor, with rooms below. Lobby lounge and restaurant below and 360 views of KL.

Staff were extremely enthusiastic and helpful.

Still very quiet (soft opening i believe) but definitely one of the best in KL IMHO.
              Yes, checked in this morning and I must say it's been pretty quiet in my time sitting at the club lounge and lobby.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
              X