Hotel near BOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel near BOM

Need some suggestions. Am flying from SIN to BOM, staying 6 hours, then flying to GOI on the first flight out. I need a hotel close by the airport for some shut eye. A clean, safe, quiet place within 15mins to the domestic terminal is all I am looking for. Thanks.

The Grand Hyatt is a fabulous hotel located just 15 minutes away from the domestic terminal. There's also an Ibis right outside the domestic terminal, this might be the least expensive option. If you're willing to stay near the international terminal there's the Hilton, Hyatt Regency, Intercontinental and Leela which are all decent properties. There is also a Courtyard Marriott and Holiday Inn however I haven't tried these properties.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
      The Grand Hyatt is a fabulous hotel located just 15 minutes away from the domestic terminal. There's also an Ibis right outside the domestic terminal, this might be the least expensive option. If you're willing to stay near the international terminal there's the Hilton, Hyatt Regency, Intercontinental and Leela which are all decent properties. There is also a Courtyard Marriott and Holiday Inn however I haven't tried these properties.
      Thanks Viraj! Most helpful.

Comment

I do the SIN-BOM-GOI shuffle several times a year. That 5am domestic flight kills your day.

Do yourself a favor and take the 7.30am SQ flight out of SIN - it arrives at 1030am when the international arrivals is a breeze and allows you to connect to the bank of flights to GOI around 1pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          I do the SIN-BOM-GOI shuffle several times a year. That 5am domestic flight kills your day.

Do yourself a favor and take the 7.30am SQ flight out of SIN - it arrives at 1030am when the international arrivals is a breeze and allows you to connect to the bank of flights to GOI around 1pm.
          Good point, Savage25. Alas, my team and I have a very challenging schedule for that week, and we need to maximise the whole 5 work days (3 cities including CCU and BOM) as none of us wants to go back there for a second week.

My first trip to GOI, any good Goan/Eurasian restaurants to recommend?

Thanks.

Comment

Then how using S25's proposed schedule and get there 1 day earlier. Be well rested the night before for the week.

Comment

9V-JKL, only if I can convince the team to spend their Sunday PM in India. Any ideas?
              Last edited by CarbonMan; 27 July 2012, 11:14 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Ask them if they value their job.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Ask them if they value their job.
                  Oooooo ... tough boss. No, I try not to run a Syrian-style regime here.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    My first trip to GOI, any good Goan/Eurasian restaurants to recommend?

Thanks.
                    Where are you staying at in Goa?

North beaches:
                    Souza Lobo at Calangute beach http://www.souzalobo.com/
                    Brittos at Baga beach http://www.frommers.com/destinations/goa/D57561.html

Central (Panjim/Panaji):
                    Mum's Kitchen http://www.mumskitchengoa.com/
                    Ernesto's (Goan fusion, but highly recommended. Try his Goan barbecue) http://goa.metromela.com/Fine+dining...s/article/3798
                    Riorico at Hotel Mandovi http://www.hotelmandovigoa.com/riorico.htm
                    O'Coqueiro http://www.ocoqueiro.com/

South beaches:
                    Martin's Corner at Betalbatim http://www.martinscornergoa.com/
                    Susegado at The Leela http://www.theleela.com/locations/goa/dining/susegado

Some Goan dishes to try:

Fish:
                    Recheado Pomfret (stuffed with chilies and spices blended in vinegar)
                    Recheado Kingfish (stuffed with chilies and spices blended in vinegar)
                    Xitt-codi (Goan fish curry with rice, the poor man's staple food)

Prawns:
                    Prawns Caldeen (king prawns in a mild creamy coconut curry)
                    Prawn Balchao (sweetish shrimp preserve made with spices and coconut feni)

Chicken:
                    Chicken Xacuti (a coconut-based masala)
                    Chicken Cafreal (marinated in green herbs, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, chili, mace, fresh coriander, and garlic, and then fried)

Pork:
                    Sorpotel (spicy Pork Liver)
                    Chorizo (Goan sausages - this is what I would have as my last supper)
                    Pork Vindalho (curry usually made with pork and marinated in vinegar, garlic, chilies, but nothing like the bastardized "vindaloo" that is served in Indian restaurants with potatoes)

Vegetarian:
                    Uh, not my strong point.

Dessert:
                    Bebinca (traditional layered dessert made with lots of eggs and coconut milk - the most traditional one would be at Confeitaria 31 de Janueiro in the Fontainhas area in Panjim)
                    Dodol (I personally don't like this, but everyone else I know does)

Snacks:
                    Roasted salted cashew nuts from Zantye's in Panjim

Drinks:
                    Coconut Feni or Cashew Feni - this will get you very very drunk very quickly.
                    Bang Lassi at any of the beach shacks in Baga beach - for a different kind of high

Comment

Woooow!!! Thanks, Savage25! I think I am going to dump the team and go early, monsoon or not!

Haven't decided where to stay yet. Suggestions?

Comment

Haven't decided where to stay yet. Suggestions?
                        Where do you need to be/What do you need to do while you're there?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          Where do you need to be/What do you need to do while you're there?
                          We have to visit 3 Indian companies, but one of my team have the addresses, not me. We are staying Monday, then flying back to BOM on Tuesday evening.

Comment

Hey guys,

Some great info in this thread - thanks! We're travelling to India in December, and staying overnight at the Hyatt Regency in BOM on the way too MAA, before heading to GOI.

All of that food sounds delicous!

Rob

Comment

We have to visit 3 Indian companies, but one of my team have the addresses, not me. We are staying Monday, then flying back to BOM on Tuesday evening.
                              Well, if you're there only one night and probably staying centrally in Panjim/Panaji, the Marriott or the Grand Hyatt are your best bets, but you'll need a driver and a car to get around. Go to Mum's Kitchen if you only have one meal to try Goan food.

Comment

Working...
                              X