Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you booked RGN mistake fare: Governor's Residence luxury hotel from $110/night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you booked RGN mistake fare: Governor's Residence luxury hotel from $110/night

For those of you looking to spend a bit of time in Yangon, there is a great deal on a luxury hotel called The Governor's Residence by Orient-Express hotel group (hotel website). It is rated number 1 on tripadvisor and the deal includes the following (please note there are other packages for longer stays/room upgrades):

Package for 2 includes:
    • Deluxe Garden View Room
    • 1 double bed or 2 twin beds, 420 square feet
    • Garden View
    • Airport greeting and roundtrip transfers between Mingaladon Airport (RGN) and the hotel
    • Welcome drinks, one per person
    • Fresh tropical fruits in room upon arrival
    • Full American breakfast for two each morning
    • Lunch for two on one day of your choice, served poolside or at Mandalay
      Restaurant
    • Early check-in & late check-out, subject to availability
    • Taxes & service charges

A 3 day package starts at $435 on bidding or $517 instant purchase with luxuryink.com.

This price can be brought down by another $100 if I refer you as a friend and I can give you a 10% off coupon that will bring it down even further.

I managed to book the bidding option and the total came to:
    $435 rate
    $40 booking fee
    - $100 refer a friend
    - $43.5 using discount code
    Bringing the total to $331.5

Considering the ridiculous rates of hotels in Yangon this package is an absolute steal at around $110/night (with extras).

Please use my Referral Link when you book your package (we both get $100 credit) and make sure to use the 10% discount code (LUX10)

Please send me a PM if you have any questions?
    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

I checked with my friend he said it is not wrong fare, ot is just something the hotel throw as promotion from time to time
    visit my blog

Comment

Hmm glad to see lots of interest in RGN since it began to open up !

Comment

USD110 a night for the Govenors residence is a great price. Hotel prices in Yangon have gone mad in the last 6 months. A hotel my company uses that used to charge USD20 a night is now charging USD60. I was talking to a friend the other evening who was visiting Yangon staying at the Traders (which is not that great a hotel and really needs a refurbishment) and was paying USD190 a night.

If you are going to visit Yangon make sure that you book your hotel in advance as the hotels are booked up months in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          I checked with my friend he said it is not wrong fare, ot is just something the hotel throw as promotion from time to time
          He's not talking about the hotel rate !

Comment

That's a really nice hotel! It's convinced me that I definitely need to visit Yangon. Maybe more than once if my lucky stars align!

Comment

Better do it soon, before every Wong, Lee and Tan decides to do the same and the taste, look and innocence of old Myanmar disappears.

Comment

well, we started earlier, the new office is being renovated now..... should start operations there in June...
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                  ....I managed to book the bidding option and the total came to:
                  $435 rate
                  $40 booking fee
                  - $100 refer a friend
                  - $43.5 using discount code
                  Bringing the total to $331.5

Considering the ridiculous rates of hotels in Yangon this package is an absolute steal at around $110/night (with extras)....
                  Looks like this $110/night rate is only available when you stay for 3 nights with referral and discount code. Is there anything comparable for 1 night stays?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                    Looks like this $110/night rate is only available when you stay for 3 nights with referral and discount code. Is there anything comparable for 1 night stays?
                    Unfortunately not. Luxurlink packages start at 3 days duration.
                    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Working...
                    X