Marriott Look No Further impossible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriott Look No Further impossible?

I tried to discuss this on Flyertalk, but everyone is so paranoid about official lurkers that everything is done in code on that board, so lemme try here:

Has anyone had recent success outside the United States with the Look No Further rate guarantee? I did actually "look further" for an upcoming trip and found various examples of cheaper rates on websites like wotif, expedia and booking.com, but none of my LNF claims have been verified, as they have invoked the recently introduced "no vouchers" clause:

"According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, the guarantee does not apply to pre-paid rates that involve a voucher (including electronic vouchers) for a hotel stay outside of the United States and Canada."

They claim that because somewhere in the Ts & Cs of the booking website, it says you must print out the confirmation (which I've never needed to show...), that this constitutes a voucher, and therefore is a non-qualifying claim

That's all well and good, but as far as I can see, there is no website I know of that does not tell you to print your confirmation. So the entire LNF guarantee is specious outside the USA, and the only examples of success (as per the Flyertalk board) are where confused LNF agents mistakenly allow it in contravention of their own terms

ARRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

As an aside, if anyone knows of LNF rates on a permitted website for the Phuket Renaissance or the Khao Lak JW in mid/late March, please do let me know!

Oooh, and maybe we should start a list of *permitted* LNF booking websites here, away from Marriott's prying eyes...
Working...
X