Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starwood raising the bar : Lifetime (and Breakfast!) for Plats, Suite Upgrades...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel Group & Loyalty Program Brand Vulnerability Study

Came across this study on hotel loyalty programs.

http://cg42.com/42/cg42___2012_Hotel...roduction.html

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      IIRC, you don't need to be Plat consecutive years -- just a total of 10. That said, if you are hitting your tenth year, I'm not sure.

Ping A FEW Platinum Concierges. I'm sure one of them will give you the answer you're looking for.
      ah ok great ! I'll do that ! Thanks !!

Comment

I'm on the cusp of SPG50 (will hit that this month, then spend the rest of the year shooting for HH*D again but likely not making it ) and I've read through the below terms and conditions, so I'm hoping someone (perhaps a Lurker) could enlighten if the 10 Suite Nights are automatically credited as soon as the 50th night registers, or do I have to wait for membership year 2013?

8.4.a. Suite Night Awards (50 Eligible Nights). A Platinum Preferred Guest who has 50 Eligible Nights in a Qualifying Period is eligible to receive 10 Suite Night Awards. "Suite Night Awards" may be redeemed for advance confirmable upgrades for select, premium rooms or standard suites on a per room, per night basis, subject to availability.
        i. Suite Night Award upgrades must be requested through the SPG Program website (www.spg.com) or by contacting a Customer Contact Center no later than 2:00 p.m. (local hotel time) one day prior to arrival. If a request for Suite Night Award upgrade is confirmed, a confirmation email will be to the requesting SPG Member.
        ii. Suite Night Awards may be only be redeemed for upgrades in connection with an Eligible Stay.
        iii. Requests for Suite Night Award upgrades and confirmed Suite Night Award redemptions may be cancelled pursuant to the Suite Night Award cancellation policy on the SPG Program website (www.spg.com).
        iv. Suite Night Awards have expiration dates that may be different than other SPG Program benefits. An eligible SPG Member should check his/her account to confirm the expiration date of his/her Suite Night Awards.
        v. Suite Night Awards may not be redeemed at certain Aloft and Element brand SPG Participating Hotels or at Starwood Vacation Ownership and residential properties.
        vi. Rooms that are eligible for Suite Night Award upgrades vary by SPG Participating Hotel. In general, a standard suite or select premium room as designated by SPG Participating Hotel is eligible depending on availability. Specialty suites, such as presidential, honeymoon or multiple bedroom suites, are not eligible for Suite Night Awards. In some resort locations where these room types are not available, upgraded rooms are based on preferred view, such as pool or ocean view, or room styles offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          I'm on the cusp of SPG50 (will hit that this month, then spend the rest of the year shooting for HH*D again but likely not making it ) and I've read through the below terms and conditions, so I'm hoping someone (perhaps a Lurker) could enlighten if the 10 Suite Nights are automatically credited as soon as the 50th night registers, or do I have to wait for membership year 2013?
          I have just hit SPG 50 and the 10 suite nights have been credited to my account

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            I have just hit SPG 50 and the 10 suite nights have been credited to my account
            Is it 10 suite nights for 2012, and another for 2013, or 10 suite nights for the following 365 days or some variation thereof?

Comment

Just Google Image searched around and I found a screenshot from someone else's account which would imply that the first allocation of 10 nights are valid up to 2013.

Comment

Yes first 10 valid until Dec 2013. My account is now showing 20 suite nights (I still have not found anypoint in them as I always stay in Asia hotels that have virtually 100% records in upgrading Plats)

Comment

Can the Suite upgrades be gifted?

Comment

Yes first 10 valid until Dec 2013. My account is now showing 20 suite nights (I still have not found anypoint in them as I always stay in Asia hotels that have virtually 100% records in upgrading Plats)
                    You're far, far, far luckier than I have been, in that case

Even at repeat properties...
                    Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    I somehow doubt it.
                    Did you hit 50 nights last year? From memory, maybe you mentioned once awhile back that you didn't? How'd you get 20 suite nights so quickly!! Do share!
                    Last edited by Kyo; 4 October 2012, 04:38 PM.

Comment

You're far, far, far luckier than I have been, in that case

Even at repeat properties...
                      To be precise all my 50 nights were actually all in one hotel so they are pretty good about giving me an upgrade.

Did you hit 50 nights last year? From memory, maybe you mentioned once awhile back that you didn't? How'd you get 20 suite nights so quickly!! Do share!
                      Yes hit 50 last year on about 30th Dec so qualified for Plat and got the 10 suite nights. Then this year hit 50 nights on 20th Aug. 10 more suite nights credited to my account on a couple of days.

Doesn't look like I will hit SPG75 though

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        I really wish I could gift the Suite upgrades to you 9V_JKL. I've got 20 that I haven't had a reason to use. Two of my regular Starwood properties upgrades me automatically and there's another two whose suites I abhor!
                        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Where would those properties be (the ones that you abhor)?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Spot the Hyatt fan.

I am afraid these changes have probably put paid to me renewing Hyatt Diamond this year, unless they pull something big out of the bag later in the year. Let's hope it does indeed spur some FFN's, because they will have to do something.
                            Do you feel a huge difference between Diamond and Gold at HHonors? Only the Platinum force for awards seems a real benefit at times. Otherwise (where I stay) my Gold gets me exec floor covering breakfast and internet and I don't need more than that. MyWay earnings preferences gives an extra 1K points. Done.

Comment

Working...
                            X