Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPG Award stays now count towards status!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPG Award stays now count towards status!

I don't do many award stays at SPG properties myself, but this is quite a benefit, particularly C&P stays counting towards status and Free Night offers.

I wonder if Hyatt will now be forced to follow..:

Go for Gold, push for Platinum — whatever your goal, now it's even easier to achieve. We're excited to announce that from 1 October 2011 and onward, all of your SPG® Award stays and eligible nights will earn credit toward elite status qualification.

This means when you redeem Starpoints® for Free Night Awards and Cash & Points Awards, those stays will help you earn Gold or Platinum elite status each year. Plus, stays using Free Night Awards earned during promotions count as well.

For more information about this new SPG member benefit and programme change, please view our Frequently Asked Questions. Otherwise, visit SPG.com to start planning your next getaway at any of our more than 1,000 hotels and resorts around the globe.

Further Plat dilution. 'nuff said. Must be to make way for another top tier.

Comment

I suppose it is a dilution with it being easier to attain, although I have never used SPG points for awards or even C&P stays. All my awards have been earned free nights and all the points get laundered over to an airline every time they hit 20,000.

Picking what programmes to keep status in next year is getting a bit tricky....

Comment

I like both Hyatt and SPG, but the latter has a much bigger footprint which makes it easier to make the required stays/nights. Starwood seems to be opening lots of new properties in Asia.

Comment

Working...
        X