Conrad in Koh Samui is open !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conrad in Koh Samui is open !

Looks like a nice place, be interested in any feedback on it.

Hilton has opened the Conrad Koh Samui.

Located on Aow Thai Beach, 28 kilometres from the airport, the Conrad Koh Samui is one of the few west-facing luxury resorts in Koh Samui, giving guests the opportunity to enjoy sunset views from every villa.

The resort features 80 freestanding villas with private plunge pools and sundecks, including 65 one-bedroom villas, 14 two-bedroom villas and a Royal Villa, integrated within 25 acres of tropical features and dramatic cliff-side landscapes.

Each contemporary Thai-styled villa is furnished with artwork, tropical hardwood floors and Thai silk. State-of-the-art in-room technology includes a LCD flat-screen satellite television, CD/DVD player, iPod docking station, plus wired and wireless high-speed internet connections. The villas are fitted with full-height glass panes allowing for ocean views, and marble bathrooms fitted with spa-quality amenities, including an oversized bathtub and glass-walled rain shower.

One-bedroom villas feature 65 square metres of indoor living space and 28 square metres of outdoor living space with private 10-metre infinity plunge pools, while two-bedroom villas offer 186 square metres of indoor living space and 42 square metres of outdoor living space with private 12-metre infinity plunge pools.

The largest of the villas, The Royal Villa, features 201 square metres of indoor living space and 164 square metres of outdoor living space with a secluded and expansive 22.5-metre infinity pool.

All villas overlook the waters of the Gulf of Thailand and the resort’s beach.

Conrad Koh Samui offers innovative restaurant concepts: private in-cellar dining at The Cellar, fine Thai-influenced dining at the cliff-side specialty restaurant, Jahn, or Mediterranean-inspired cuisine cooked from live action stations in the all-day dining restaurant, Zest. Guests can also enjoy the sunset while sipping on cocktails at Glow | Lounge.

A spa at the resort focuses on innovative therapies and holistic treatment options that are designed to benefit the mind, body and soul. The spa design and programmes were developed in collaboration with Dr. Buathon, one of Thailand’s leading authorities on holistic healing.

Other resort features include an on-site diving and sailing centre, a 130 metre floating pier, a 24-hour state-of-the-art Fitness Centre and an outdoor yoga pavilion.
    http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...DBYGCSGBJBOD4Q

With rates going at 13,500THB per night minimum on a 25% off promo, this better be good...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      ..... 13,500THB per night ...
      In Thailand???

Comment

I did write THB after the 13,500

Yes, in Thailand. Still not the most expensive hotel rate ever in this country - I've heard of some places now asking double/triple that amount, the new St Regis BKK notwithstanding. It's well in excess of anything remotely close to what's considered normal for a premium hotel in this country and I'll be voting with my wallet or using my points if I deem a need for it.

I refuse to pay UK prices for a Thai hotel. It's totally absurd!

Think 13.5k is high? Check out the Ritz-Carlton Reserve Phulay Bay near Krabi. It's 2km down from the Sheraton Krabi (a lovely place, in its own right) and it was almost empty (2 guests) when I went there for dinner awhile back.

Comment

Four Seasons Chiangmai - THB18,000 (standard rate)

Four Seasons Koh Samui - THB26,550 (bed & breakfast rate)

Four Seasons Golden Traingle from THB60,000...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I did write THB after the 13,500

It's well in excess of anything remotely close to what's considered normal for a premium hotel in this country
            I noted that but your 2nd para is my point.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Four Seasons Golden Traingle from THB60,000...
            I wonder what comes with that rate

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              I wonder what comes with that rate
              Special features like at the other hotel you refuse to do a TR on...?

Comment

Well on the topic of Koh Samui there is also a new IC there supposedly officially opening by Feb 16, 2012. It is a rebrand from a Le Meridien. Intro rates seem to be in the 6.5K THB area for lowest category Ocean View room with breakfast for 2. Looks like the 2 bedroom Villa is something of a steal during that period costing 12-15K THB. Later on in July rates seem to go up to 10.4K THB for lowest room and 26K THB for Villa.

Comment

Working...
                X