Rome on a Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome on a Budget

I've been out of circulation for a while with wedding plans, but now it's all kicking off...
    WE'r struggling to get to grips with a base for part of our trip to Rome.
    We need either a hotel that can accomodate a family of four in one room, plus a double, or an apartment that can six people in four beds (2 doubles, 2 singles...better if the singles have seperate room, as teenage boy/girl siblings)

With a budget of sub £1000 for accomodation, it's proving challenging....
    My eyes have grown sore from staring at various permutations on two travel sites...
    Any insider top tips? I know from my last trip to Rome, there are some on here with recommendations.......
    If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

GBP 1k for one night? I'm certain it is very doable? I was looking (about 2 months back) at the prices of some massive suites per night, and some do come with 2-3 rooms, iirc.

Comment

whoops, not GBP 1K per night.....holy crap on a cracker...
      Let'e rephrase,
      £1000 (possibly 1200) for 7 nights.....it becomes much much harder....at least if you want to be based around Vatican/Prati/Navona/Pantheon and not by in Termini. I've been tempted by Trastevere, but some suggestion of lots of student-based nightlife (yuck!) and there are ZERO metro stops there so seems a bit "out on a limb"
      If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Well, that changes everything. Good luck and will leave it to the Rome experts!

Comment

you will need to look at places like sisters of convents, ie simple bed and breakfast houses run mostly by the catholic nuns. no english TV, no wifi and the orange juice is blood red. for a family of four, it will likely be cramped but doable.

Comment

Proving quite problematic... but a solution will present itself shortly.
            No chance of staying with the Nuns. That's just too weird for all of us.

Having formerly restricted myself to the Prati/Vatican City area of Rome, I wonder about staying around Rome Termini station, but i'm a little nervous based on limited experience of the areas near train stations frequented in UK....

Comment

Working...
            X