Hyatt Diamonds now get 4pm check-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyatt Diamonds now get 4pm check-out

This matches one of the main main benefits of SPG Plat. I think Golds get 4pm as well don't they ?.

This is excellent news for me, as I regularly pick a starwood property instead of others as the 4pm checkout is very handy if you have a couple of meetings to get through before flying elsewhere and/or you have a late flight.

They claim to have added another benefit called a 'nightly room refresh' but I am a bit puzzled by that one as most hotels so it anyway, regardless of room or status.

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/...ip_diamond.jsp

Makes the thought of dropping Hyatt Diamond next year a little more difficult....

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    This matches one of the main main benefits of SPG Plat. I think Golds get 4pm as well don't they ?
    Yes - that and the free Internet (for plats) are the best benefits with SPG as far as I'm concerned.

The 4pm checkouts are nice for a weekend break - it allows time to have a leisurely lunch elsewhere before returning to the hotel to freshen up, check out and then off to the airport!

As a lowly PC gold (which of course can be bought), I was surprised to be given a 2pm checkout as a standard benefit at a CP in Paris the other weekend. (My usual SPG - the LM was full - and I found the CP to have a nicer (upgraded as a gold) room and a better location...) Is this normal for PC gold at all properties ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Is this normal for PC gold at all properties ?
      Not really no, even as Plat Amb - the upgrades are iffy, and usually better in Asia than in Europe.

Comment

IC Royal Amb and regular Amb get a guaranteed 4:00PM check-out time at Inter-Continental hotels. At all other ICHG properties where your PC status counts it is up to the hotel. Mostly 2:00PM is possible as Platinum, but anything beyond could work or be rejected. YMMV.

Comment

And RAs get a guaranteed check-in at 8am. How does that compare with Hyatt and Starwood?

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
            And RAs get a guaranteed check-in at 8am. How does that compare with Hyatt and Starwood?
            Neither Hyatt or Starwood offer that, or any other programme as far as I am aware. Of course being Hyatt Diamond and Starwood Platinum makes the chances of getting a room if you arrive early better than others.

I have to say I have been quite fortunate in that I rarely get told I have to wait for a room even when arriving very early. Staying regularlry in the same places helps with that I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Neither Hyatt or Starwood offer that, or any other programme as far as I am aware. Of course being Hyatt Diamond and Starwood Platinum makes the chances of getting a room if you arrive early better than others.

I have to say I have been quite fortunate in that I rarely get told I have to wait for a room even when arriving very early. Staying regularlry in the same places helps with that I suppose.
              I have been a Diamond at Hilton for 2-3 years now and I've had no problems checking in early (though a couple of times they have told me that they couldn't upgrade me to a better room as a result) nor checking-out as late as 4pm. The thing I like about Hilton is that they have a lot of choices in the cities I visit and every now and then I even get a free-night voucher when they have a promotion, which is great for European holidays where hotels tend to be a little on the higher end.

Just like flying, focusing on a single chain, helps me with status benefits as well as free stays.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                I have been a Diamond at Hilton for 2-3 years now and I've had no problems checking in early (though a couple of times they have told me that they couldn't upgrade me to a better room as a result) nor checking-out as late as 4pm. The thing I like about Hilton is that they have a lot of choices in the cities I visit and every now and then I even get a free-night voucher when they have a promotion, which is great for European holidays where hotels tend to be a little on the higher end.

Just like flying, focusing on a single chain, helps me with status benefits as well as free stays.
                I've been Hilton Diamond for about 6 years and totally agree that the sheer number of Hiltons is one of the main benefits of the programme. However, travelling as much as I do if I stuck to just one programme it would limit me to only certain properties in a number of cities where other hotels are much better or they have more choice. Bangkok springs to mind where there are currently 6 starwoord properties with another 4 on the way against just a couple of Hiltons, granted with another on the way.

As for promotions, well they all have their own during the year. I have recently earned a number of free nights at Starwood Resorts through one of theirs, and of course the reason I switched some business over to Hyatt in the first place was because of their famous Faster Free Nights (FFN's) which earned me a number of free nights that I mainly redeemed at the normallly very expensive Park Hyatt in Sydney. It would be nice to see FFN's return actually.

Having status in more than one Hotel and airline programme gives me options, which are very welcome when you spend so much time travelling.

Comment

BTW, at the same token that they introduced 4:00PM check out for Hyatt Diamond they took away the standard 2:00PM check out for regular Gold Passport members like myself (dropped from Diamond to Platinum to Gold) Not that I'm complaining, was a crazy promise to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Not really no, even as Plat Amb - the upgrades are iffy, and usually better in Asia than in Europe.
                    As a Gold (and Plat for a while), I usually get an upgrade (I think, since that's what I got told on checking-in) and late check-out. I don't know what the upgrades were because most hotel rooms look similar to me. That's in Europe (but not the UK) and North America.

I wish the Hyatt FFNs would come back soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X