Roemah Emilie - Bandung, Indonesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roemah Emilie - Bandung, Indonesia

To start off, let me just say that this is not a hotel, but rather a ‘villa’ accommodation. I hope it is permissible to do this kind of villa review under this sub-forum.

It began back in Jakarta when we were planning a one night family getaway in Bandung. We did not want to settle for hotel rooms because we were a party of 13 people with the grandpa, grandma, uncles, aunts, and a couple of cousins tagging along. Individual hotel rooms would only divide everyone during the night. We wanted something where we can gather together family style. Fortunately, one of my aunts recommended a place called Roemah Emilie and it became the perfect solution.

We drove all the way to Bandung using the toll road—it took about 2 hours to get there from Jakarta. In order to get to Roemah Emilie, you have to drive towards the area of Lembang. It’s located a little far from the city centre. One of the things I do not quite like about this accommodation is the access route. Although a map is provided on the website, there were no signs at all of any kind that lead us to the place. We got lost at first and had to seek the help of the locals to find the place. Once we got there, it appeared as if we approached an ordinary home. It was not until we parked our cars and walked towards the back, when we finally realized the hidden location of our villa.

We stayed on 22 June 2011, a Wednesday, and opted for the villa with four bedrooms. Staying at the four-bedroom villa on a weekday gave us the cheapest room rate. The only other option was a six-bedroom villa. More details on this can be found via the link provided at the end of this ‘hotel’ review if you are interested.

Car parking area.

Path leading towards the villa complex from the parking area.

Walking towards the villa complex.

Looking back at the car park after entering through the gate.

Traditional resting shelter just opposite the swimming pool.

Details on the underside of the roof of the resting shelter.

The swimming pool with another resting shelter on the far side.

The only other villa in this property—the 6-bedroom one.

Quiet seating area between a couple of tall palm trees.

A group of bamboo along the wall next to the previously said seating area.

A resting shelter and a small bathroom behind it.

Entrance to the 4-bedroom villa.
    Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Art painting on a rock wall opposite the dining table.

Staircase.

Kitchen. No food service is available. Guests will have to venture out to the city of Bandung and taste the local delicacies at restaurants or local vendors.

Walking upstairs.

Upstairs living room. Table football (foosball) shown here.

The other side of the upstairs living room.

One of the bedrooms upstairs.

Another bedroom on the upper floor.

At the entrance of the 4-bedroom villa, looking outside.

Outdoor seating area.

Decorative water fountain.

Another decorative fountain with water running down the length of the wall.
    Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Coffee table under the cool shade of the roof.

Another outdoor seating area overlooking the surrounding neighbourhood.

Another view of the swimming pool.

Wide, open area opposite the 6-bedroom villa.

Three tortoises live outside—two in the yard opposite the 6-bedroom villa and one shown here, just opposite the swimming pool.

Another view of the 4-bedroom villa complex.

The 4-bedroom villa between two palm trees.

During the night…

Upon parking your car, you will come across this house. The two villas lie behind this building.

Towards the left of the previously mentioned house, is this ‘hallway’ leading to the complex behind. Sorry for the blurry photo.

The swimming pool with the 4-bedroom villa on the far right and the resting shelter on the far left.

Showing the right side of the 4-bedroom villa along with the swimming pool in the foreground.

Another photo of the resting shelter on the left and the 4-bedroom villa on the right.

Comment

4-bedroom villa.

Swimming pool. Showing details of the steps on the left.

Standing in front of the 4-bedroom villa looking out towards the swimming pool.

The front door of the 4-bedroom villa.

Kitchen.

Upstairs living room.

Conclusion

In my opinion, the 4-bedroom villa was more than enough. You might be thinking how we managed to fit 13 people in a 4-bedroom villa. The solution is quite simple. We had additional mattresses in some of the bedrooms and had volunteers who slept on the large couches, sofas, and daybeds. I apologize for not taking many photos of the rooms and bathrooms. As soon as we arrived, everybody had found their place and settled quickly, so the villa quickly filled with luggage and stuff—not nice for photos. In terms of space, it was fairly adequate. Quality of the building is good and very neat. The swimming pool is nice and clean—no leaves or branches from the nearby trees. My only complaint is the accessibility. No directional signs are posted in the area that leads to the villa. It is discreetly located behind a house, presumably the owner’s. However, this is obviously because the villa is meant to be away from the noises of the city. In the end, it was a wonderful experience staying at Roemah Emilie.

Complete Photo Album – including a few photos of food and local dishes in Bandung!
        http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3b5da3e&type=1

Official website of Roemah Emilie:
        http://www.roemahemilie.com/

Comment

Thanks Aulia for the review... The pool looks stunning =) Is it long enough for laps?

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
            Thanks Aulia for the review... The pool looks stunning =) Is it long enough for laps?
            You're very welcome leo, the pool was wonderful. I'd say it's fairly sufficient for laps, but then again, I can't swim at all!

Comment

Working...
            X