Intercontinental Royal Ambassador Referral Voucher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercontinental Royal Ambassador Referral Voucher

A shout out to all Royal Ambassador on SQT!

Not sure if it is too much of a favour to ask. (Feel free to comment Moderator)

I Shall be staying over 30+ nights at IC properties (over 50+ IHG group) in Asia, Australia and US. RA status would come in real handy.

Could anyone share or subsidise a RA referral voucher? I am also happy to donate to charity of your choice for your generosity.

Upon my renewal of RA, i shall return the favour and send you my RA Referral Voucher.

Cheerio.

After two months of no response, i can only conclude that....

1) either no one on SQT have RA status,

2) or Royal Amb on SQT are too skint to lend a hand.

Someithing tells me it's the latter. Such a shame really.

Contrary to the 'Kiasu' culture, i pledge to 'pay it forward' and assist a fellow SQT with a referral when receives my very own referral vouchers.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalked View Post

Contrary to the 'Kiasu' culture, i pledge to 'pay it forward' and assist a fellow SQT with a referral when receives my very own referral vouchers.
      Something told you wrong. Have you ever considered that the RAs here have other preferred opportunities for their vouchers than helping you out?

Comment

Oh I'm sure there must be other reasons than 1 or 2. FWIW I'd fall under 1, but if I wasn't a 1, 2 wouldn't accurately describe my disinterest in replying...

Comment

I pick: 3) Others just think you ought to buy your own voucher on eBay like almost everyone else, then prove what you're saying by paying it forward

Sorry but in this day and age, not many people would do what you're asking for. I'm 1), for the record. Good luck, though...

Comment

Talk about a slap in the face to the esteemed members of this fine board...

Enough niceties though, lets get down to business...

You say you would pay it forward by way of returning your referral voucher to the person you obtained it from. But how do you propose to do that if/when you achieve the status you desire when you wont get a referral voucher in your 'pack'?

So I'm guessing you're going to 'donate' your free night voucher? or will you skimp out and donate the 5000 point voucher instead?

Such a shame really that you could come out and claim that we're all a collective bunch of tight arses simply based on the lack input into this thread...

Comment

I read the OP:

Could anyone share or subsidise a RA referral voucher?
              and wondered how I could be expected to "subsidise" a RA voucher and why I should do that for somebody I've never met who's apparently not short of a few bob!

Comment

1) There are a few here with RA status

2) We are not too skint to lend a hand (or a referral voucher) to our friends on this board. You, I don't know from Adam.

Comment

there are some reports that referrals will not get the referral cert in the pack.

Comment

Wow, some response! Gggeeet-it!

Sadly, at a cost of a few furrowed brows i suspect!

Pay it forward, as it means to me, is about helping a complete stranger.

It seems some will take offense at just about any banter. Perhaps it is just midweek angst.

Regardless, my pledge stands. With some luck, i should just manage to be RA in 2011.

Here's to one lucky SQT members.

Comment

SQTalked, you generated such a negative response by calling people here 'skint' when no one helped you out.

When you had written in your OP asking for help, you were polite and just hoping. For whatsoever reason, the RA's here did not respond because they may well have already given it to someone else as Wan1dap suggested. You have yourself proposed that its up to the RA's choice.

Just because you have not gotten what you had hoped from here, you then post and start name-calling, well..... you were going to get flamed....

All the best for your RA achievement

Comment

For what it is worth, many of us lost RA in the last 1-2 years (mysefl included) because ICHG is just too vague on the qualification criteria. I had a year where I had 83 ICHG nights and 6 IC included and my RA renewal was not granted. Only with lots of persuasion did I finally get it granted again just to loose it the following year with 53 ICHG nights and 8 ICs.

So you assuming that you will requalify and then return the favor is nice but nothing even you can guarantee. So you have to lower your expectations a bit. The common assumption is 50+ ICHG nights and 3 ICs, but trust me that does not always work.

Go to FTs Coupon Connection or eBay and you may find someone willing to do some sort of trade. Paying it forward is nice, but too many times arounds boards like this have people abused that prinicple and not honored committments. Everyone suffers for that, not just you.

Comment

Perhaps a shock tactic, which worked, but gone too far. So if anyone still has their brows furrowed, knuckles on walls, forehead on tables, i'll put my hand up and apologise.

Well said Demue.

Here's to hoping befriending a few GMs of IC will help my cause.

Comment

FINALLY...a new comedy thread!
                            Last edited by HUGE AL; 17 June 2011, 01:38 AM. Reason: SQT Acting Up
                            HUGE AL

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...82&postcount=5

Comment

Working...
                              X