Sapporo Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info. This is my plan for the flights if I am going to Sapporo.

Itami->New Chitose
    New Chitose -> Haneda

Will be flying JL in Y however. Do you know how many pieces of baggage we are allowed and also the weight?

Thanks,
    K.

Comment

Originally posted by k3nnis View Post
      Will be flying JL in Y however. Do you know how many pieces of baggage we are allowed and also the weight?
      3 - total weight of 15kg.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/service/bags/

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        You might consider upgrading to JAL domestic F which seems to give you a luggage allowance of 40kg and only seems to cost 8,000 Yen (around US$80 ?) more each way. It may be cheaper than paying excess baggage charges. Plus of course you get the fabulous JAL domestic F service onboard plus airport F check-in etc.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks. I will consider that. Do they show the fare on their website? I.e. the japan airpass in First?

Also do many flights get cancelled in Jan for flights to and from Sapporo? I hope not as my schedule is tight

Thanks.

Comment

Do they show the fare on their website? I.e. the japan airpass in First?
            No, you can't get it with the airpass AFAIK. You should compare the price of the airpass against a simple return ticket (in Y and F) and see which is best for you.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I will just stick with economy for the flights. We will have 30kg's between me and my wife.

Is ITM-> CTS and CTS->HND a busy route in mid jan?

Also what is the best method to get from HND to intercontinental ANA hotel in Akasaka?
              I think taxi is too much

Cheers,
              K.

Comment

k3nnis: For now, there's no way to be sure about the load on these particular flight. I can only imagine the flight will be rather full regardless. One or two anecdotal reports also do not guarantee if it'll be busy or not. Why are you so concerned in this instance?

I don't recommend the taxi. It's prohibitively pricey. Someone else could perhaps address the HND to IC ANA question...

Comment

Thanks Kyo. I was just curious. Not concerned with the load. Also would love to look at KIX but for convinience I think ITM would be better....

Comment

Also what is the best method to get from HND to intercontinental ANA hotel in Akasaka?
                    http://tinyurl.com/m8k498

Comment

Thanks great link

Comment

Sorry to be crazy but according to this link:
                        http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/tim...akasaka_h.html

HND-> IC ANA, does that mean the only time I can get on the bus is at 11:50am?

Comment

Sorry to be crazy but according to this link:
                          http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/tim...akasaka_h.html

HND-> IC ANA, does that mean the only time I can get on the bus is at 11:50am?
                          Yes but if that time doesn't work for you, take a bus to another stop (some of them are very frequent) and a taxi from there to your hotel. That would be the best balance between cost and convenience I think.

From my experience at least, the staff at the limousine bus counters speak good English and can advise you which bus to take. Alternatively, just ask the IC ANA (if it's not on their website) for help.

Comment

Thanks.

Yes but if that time doesn't work for you, take a bus to another stop (some of them are very frequent) and a taxi from there to your hotel. That would be the best balance between cost and convenience I think.

From my experience at least, the staff at the limousine bus counters speak good English and can advise you which bus to take. Alternatively, just ask the IC ANA (if it's not on their website) for help.

Comment

Hi All,

I have booked Osaka Itami -> CTS for mid Jan 2010. I hope its not too cold!!! Anyone have experiences in Sapporo in January? Do many planes land at CTS during this time? I hope my flight won't be delayed..

Cheers,
                              K.

Comment

Do many planes land at CTS during this time?
                                If you look at your post #1, you'll find the same question asked by you and the following responses. Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Working...
                                X