No announcement yet.

Swine Flu in Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't worry. Swine flu is currently far less infectious and less deadly than regular flu. The only thing you have to worry about at the moment is overreaction by health authorities and being caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time (eg your hotel gets placed into quarantine). Not much you can do about it - so I don't worry at all.

Comment

I was told this past weekend that now is a good time to stock up on free (or airline-sponsored) facemasks when you fly on airplanes. Not sure how true this is, but to all those kiasu enough to try/save/stock up... what're you waiting for!?!

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
        I was in HK from May 3-8 and stayed at Empire Hotel HK which was directly across from Metropark Hotel HK which was closed for 7-8 days because of swine flu.

I think it's perfectly safe to travel to HK.

I went back and forth to Macau two times during that time also
        I was there May 5 to 9 and have to agree on the stringent checks. However i give thumbs up to the cleanliness and everyone's civic-mindedness. It makes the place safe

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          I was told this past weekend that now is a good time to stock up on free (or airline-sponsored) facemasks when you fly on airplanes. Not sure how true this is, but to all those kiasu enough to try/save/stock up... what're you waiting for!?!
          My Bro-in-law flew SQ38 2 weeks back and he was given 3 mask

Comment

Halo! I'm from Hong Kong.

Tell you some data; until yesterday, HK has certainly received 38 cases of swine flu, all of them were import.

Never mind travelling on the plane, coz there is HEPA filter installed in the aircraft's air-conditioning system. This filter is very powerful, it can filter out 99.X% (forgotten) of micro-organisms and bacteria.

Moreover, the temperature of the high pressure compressed bleed air bleeding from the engine's H.P. compressor is extremely high also. So, I'm sure the virus cannot survive in that condition and it will be safe.

Comment

Working...
            X