X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    well, analyst saw this coming...... Army Chief is smart... gather all of them on the pretense of peace talks,...
    Not sure I'd call him smart, but he's certainly got a rather large ego, you just need to see the quotes from him just before he took over as head of the army and immediately after. With him due to retire in September he needed to move now to get his name up in lights, and the morons on either side just made it too easy/tempting for him.

I can see this thread going for years.....

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    well, analyst saw this coming...... Army Chief is smart... gather all of them on the pretense of peace talks,... then arresting all of them and takeover.... no need to go all over the city to arrest... acting PM is quite smart, refuses to go to the meetings and so he is out there somewhere, rumour is that he is seeking refuge in the US Embassy...

Leave a comment:

• CarbonMan
    replied
    It just gets worse and worse, doesn't it? Just pray that there won't be blood spilled before things get better.

Leave a comment:

• sqdazz
    replied
    Now officially a coup.

Leave a comment:

• sqdazz
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
    A few more weeks left until my next TG flight but at least they came out early and said 'No, we're not going on strike'.........this time.
    Have they? The union says otherwise

Leave a comment:

• scooby5
    replied
    A few more weeks left until my next TG flight but at least they came out early and said 'No, we're not going on strike'.........this time.

Leave a comment:

• sqdazz
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    It's not a coup, honest.....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27480845
    Heheh, it never gets dull in the life of Thai politics.

Am flying to BKK on 26th , and out on the 27th. Hoping for smooth sailing but let's see

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    It's not a coup, honest.....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27480845

Leave a comment:

• JWNY
    replied
    ...here we go again

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    The courts will now get rid of Yingluck, just like they got rid of a previous PM from the same side for being a chef and all the other ludicrous decisions they come up with that are blatantly politically driven.
    Quelle surprise, the 'court' (you have to use that term very loosely in Thailand) has ordered Yingluck to step down. How sadly predictable.....and here we go again :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27292633

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Two articles show just how much damage these moronic politicians in Thailand do the country in their bids to boos their ego's.

Bangkok Hotels report lowest occupancy in 10 years:

According to data compiled by STR Global, hotels in the Asia Pacific region experienced negative performance results during March 2014 when reported in U.S. dollars.

The region’s occupancy for March fell 0.7% to 69.2%; ADR dropped 3.3% to US$120.63; and RevPAR decreased 3.9% to US$83.44.

“The region reported decreases in all performance metrics during March,” said Elizabeth Winkle, managing director of STR Global. “In February and March, Bangkok reported the lowest occupancies in 10 years. The prolonged political crisis is impacting the hospitality industry and wider economy. Concerns remain as there is no resolution in sight and a stalemate between the opposing parties. After several difficult years due to oversupply and weak demand in many markets, India is finally showing signs of occupancy growth, which is positive and a trend we hope will continue.”
    Changi reports Bangkok down 29%:

Singapore Changi Airport managed 4.49 million passenger movements in March 2014, 2.5% lower than a year before.

There were 29,100 landings and take-offs at Changi last month, a 2.5% increase compared to March 2013.

Socio-political factors continued to weigh down on travel demand on some routes while a reduction in long-haul capacity, especially to the United States, has also impacted passenger movements. Thailand traffic decreased for the fifth consecutive month, with traffic to and from Bangkok declining by 29% on-year in March.

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    What bank breaking amount are we talking now that you don't want to pay while travelling in your backpacker cars?
    +1

Well they don't need to try and 'force' them out now, do they?. The courts will now get rid of Yingluck, just like they got rid of a previous PM from the same side for being a chef and all the other ludicrous decisions they come up with that are blatantly politically driven.

As I said up thread, I don't know why they didn't just do that from the start. I suppose it shows what a moron Suthep actually is, as if evidence were needed.
    What a mess. It's just so sad that innocent children have been harmed in this latest fight for power. Ahhh...Asia...

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    Suthep has called off the shutdown. All the protest sites apart from lumpini will be reopened as from Monday.

So what next?
    Well they don't need to try and 'force' them out now, do they?. The courts will now get rid of Yingluck, just like they got rid of a previous PM from the same side for being a chef and all the other ludicrous decisions they come up with that are blatantly politically driven.

As I said up thread, I don't know why they didn't just do that from the start. I suppose it shows what a moron Suthep actually is, as if evidence were needed.

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    What next? Time to prepare for Songkran........... So its time for protesters to go home and start preparing for the coming holidays.... Btw, school holidays starting Monday until after Songkran in April......

Leave a comment:

• Lobster
    replied
    Suthep has called off the shutdown. All the protest sites apart from lumpini will be reopened as from Monday.

So what next?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X