State of Emergency in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Hmmm...and what does the other half have to say about THAT?
    In a complete twist of events, the other half surprised me when I was in NZ by saying they'd be flying into SIN for a change for Songkran, completely unannounced, which meant a fair bit of re-shuffling my itineraries as a result.

Not that I'm complaing. Of course. It's only helping me keep my 2010 resolution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      In a complete twist of events, the other half surprised me when I was in NZ by saying they'd be flying into SIN for a change for Songkran, completely unannounced, which meant a fair bit of re-shuffling my itineraries as a result.

Not that I'm complaing. Of course. It's only helping me keep my 2010 resolution.
      they'd?!

Kyo+ is seriously getting it on!
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        they'd?!

Kyo+ is seriously getting it on!

Comment

• Kyo++ soon?

Family-friendly, guys...

*wink wink nudge nudge*

..cracks up laughing..

Comment

• reading the hourly updates of news from Bangkok, it would appear that the Abhisit may go anytime within this week....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangko...867.html&st=25

Bye bye Khun Abhisit, it was nice meeting you...

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• SQ Bangkok flights

08 April 2010

Flights to and from Bangkok are operating normally at this time. Customers travelling to Bangkok are advised to keep apprised of developments there via news reports and government travel advisories.

Singapore Airlines will waive cancellation and change fees for customers with tickets to Bangkok as follows:

1) Valid for tickets issued on or prior to 7 April 2010 for travel up to and including 14 April 2010, on all Singapore Airlines flights to/from Bangkok;

2) The same conditions apply for KrisFlyer redemption tickets.

Taken off SQ Website

Comment

• Things have got a bit out of hand in Thailand in the last few days. 15 reported dead, including four soldiers and a Japanese reporter, and trouble has kicked off up North as well.

Has anyone postponed and trips there ?. I'm due there in a couple of weeks and still intend going.

Comment

• I am due there 12th June - I'm afraid this will have to be cancelled/switched again...

Comment

• im due there at the end of the month, still going.

I am deeply upset about yesterday's events, I love this country so much and it is such a shame to see this happen like this. I hope it can be resolved as soon as possible. Somehow no matter what disaster strikes Thailand they do always manage to come back so I hope this will be the case again, and quickly.
                    Last edited by sqdazz; 11 April 2010, 08:02 AM.
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Am due there May 25th - I don't see any reason to not go at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Am due there May 25th - I don't see any reason to not go at the moment.
                        One would hope the situation has returned to normal by then.

I think as long as you are smart and simply remain away from protest zones there is no problem going to Bangkok even today. Although there still are a couple of protest zones still occupied by red-shirts the majority of the city functions normally.
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                          One would hope the situation has returned to normal by then.

I think as long as you are smart and simply remain away from protest zones there is no problem going to Bangkok even today. Although there still are a couple of protest zones still occupied by red-shirts the majority of the city functions normally.
                          True - but I'm actually going out an hour to Chonburi upon arrival from CNX, which makes it even better

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Things have got a bit out of hand in Thailand in the last few days. 15 reported dead, including four soldiers and a Japanese reporter, and trouble has kicked off up North as well.

Has anyone postponed and trips there ?. I'm due there in a couple of weeks and still intend going.
                            This news is not good

I am flying into Bangkok on the 18th May for 3 nights. I hope things get better there soon.

Should i cancel my trip now or just wait to see what happens

Comment

• for live broadcast from protest site ....

www.uddthai.com

this site is blocked in Thailand....

good if you understand Thai...
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Planning to go to Bangkok on June 3, and from there, hoping to go to Buriram and Chiang Mai. Hopefully it's all good by then.

Comment

Working...
                                X