No announcement yet.

State of Emergency in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So D Day is Monday, kicking off at 9.39am...

"Demonstrating Bangkok" - Might suggest that to TV3 for a reality TV show Depending how it goes, perhaps VoiceTV or Blue Sky TV could pick it up and run with it hahaha...

But the biggest question will be... Will he or won't he? Will Suthep hand himself in to the plod if things don't go as expected?

Comment

• How convenient. I'll be arriving monday

Comment

• It's great here at the moment as it's pretty quiet on the traffic side. Against my better judgement I risked a car yesterday afternoon instead of the train but other then the usual few minutes backlog passing the Bang Na exit we sailed through, better than any usual day never mind Friday afternoon.

AOT still not doing return bookings though.

Comment

• Traffic's a total biatch today... Take the train into town from the Airport... Seems there won't be too much kicking off today, bit more of a pressure valve released...

Yingluck's requested the parliament be dissolved following the Democrat mass resignations yesterday...

Will be an interesting couple of days but should be, for the most part, pretty calm...

And I can't see The Hulk turning himself into the Plod. HULK SMASH!

Comment

• ok, at 4pm BKK time, the thug Suthep announce victory....... ok, time to go home and get back to normalcy....
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• I know this has gone quiet for a while but apparently a Police Officer has now been killed by protesters, apparently shot as well, which without a doubt marks an escalation.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I know this has gone quiet for a while but apparently a Police Officer has now been killed by protesters, apparently shot as well, which without a doubt marks an escalation.
                Bloodshed never ends well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I know this has gone quiet for a while but apparently a Police Officer has now been killed by protesters, apparently shot as well, which without a doubt marks an escalation.
                  Another young man succumbed to his injuries earlier today as well. A Japanese journalist is also in the ICU suffering suspected gunshot wounds.

A cabby yesterday was also given a beating yesterday for trying to ram his way through the protesters who had blocked the entrance to the expressway to DMK. Also footage circulating of Police taking out some pent up aggression on a vehicle with protesters inside.

Suffice to say, there's an A380 load of speculation circulating as to the accuracy of it all. He said she said.

Meanwhile the caretaker PM/Defence Minister continues her tour of the North/North East regions away from the hostilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                    Another young man succumbed to his injuries earlier today as well. A Japanese journalist is also in the ICU suffering suspected gunshot wounds.

A cabby yesterday was also given a beating yesterday for trying to ram his way through the protesters who had blocked the entrance to the expressway to DMK. Also footage circulating of Police taking out some pent up aggression on a vehicle with protesters inside.

Suffice to say, there's an A380 load of speculation circulating as to the accuracy of it all. He said she said.

Meanwhile the caretaker PM/Defence Minister continues her tour of the North/North East regions away from the hostilities.
                    So have we moved on from it all being very cordial and peaceful?
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                      So have we moved on from it all being very cordial and peaceful?
                      Given that was a month ago, I'd say it has moved on from that...

Comment

• Suthrep is now calling for the complete shutting down of Bangkok from the 13th January onwards

Comment

• Ill escape on the 8th. He's bonkers

Comment

• For the first time since any of this silly sh*t started with the coup to remove Thaksin a few years back, I am going to give it the wide berth for the next few weeks. When they start talking of cutting water and power then it's getting stupid, just like Suthep.

Bearing in mind he is/was the deputy leader of th Democrat(ic) Party, I wonder if anyone has bothered to hand him a dictionary to see what it means.

This will only end when Prayuth has had enough....

Comment

• I would say things have been 'getting stupid' for a long period of time. the ratchaprasong sit in, the airport sit ins, it's all stupid.

don't these people want to live peaceful lives?

Comment

• I'm due to be there from the 8th to the 27th but I might change my plans at this rate

Comment

Working...
                                X