Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for Madrid during New Year's

Hi all,

I am planning to take my parents to Europe as it's been around 18 years since we last went (London, Paris).

This time around, we picked some warmer parts of Europe (certainly not tropical warm but comfortable enough with more daylight in the Winter). Our plan is to fly Lufthansa to Barcelona, then Portugal and then after back to Madrid.

I'll be planning to stay in Madrid for the New Year's.

Because my parents are elderly, in their 60's (they can walk and are generally active), they would prefer not to see the fireworks by standing in the crowd (and I to a degree feel the same way).

Based on my research, I found that one way that you can bring in the New Year's in the capital of Spain is by going to Puerta del Sol. They will have fireworks, though crowds will line up as early as 9:30PM.

Are there any hotels where we can preferably see the fireworks from the room in Puerta del Sol on New Year's Eve? I tried contacting Radisson, and while it's walking distance, again, it's my parents, too.

Thanks!

After some discussion, I've booked the Radisson Red Madrid, it's a good 4-star hotel and the best I could get is around $360 USD a night since New Year's time is quite peak for the hotels, but it's still very central and near the Hop on and Hop Off Bus stops. I guess we'll have to do with walking to Puerta del Sol for New Year's Eve fireworks.

Comment

Working...
    X