Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFO to India via LAX question

Hi guys,

I am planning to travel to India on SQ in December from SFO-MAA and back. But my dad is also planning to travel on his own in September the same route.

Not sure if this is the right place to check & ask, but when my dad was looking at some itineraries one of the routes he stumbled upon was SFO-LAX, then it was LAX-SIN-MAA (nonstop LAX-SIN only). I had a couple of questions about this.

1) Will the bags get sent directly at its final destination SFO-India even if one did a stopover at LAX?
    2) Suppose we took Alaska Airlines (which was mentioned), how long would it take to go from the Alaska Airlines terminal in LAX to the Singapore Airlines terminal in LAX? I can't find any clear information on the LAX website on this. Someone, please point me to it if I'm missing anything.

This will help us to decide whether it's worth saving a few hundred bucks on this or if we can stick with flying from SFO.

For point 1) all passengers to the US must pick up their bags at port of entry so you must pick up your luggage at your first port of entry and then re check in. Means you also need to go thru immigration at your first port. So you’ll need to plan around this and ensure enough connection time. LAX can take awhile.

point 2) check lax website to confirm but I do recall it’s T6. SQ is in the international terminal B. https://www.flylax.com/inter-terminal-connections

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
      For point 1) all passengers to the US must pick up their bags at port of entry so you must pick up your luggage at your first port of entry and then re check in. Means you also need to go thru immigration at your first port. So you’ll need to plan around this and ensure enough connection time. LAX can take awhile.

point 2) check lax website to confirm but I do recall it’s T6. SQ is in the international terminal B. https://www.flylax.com/inter-terminal-connections
      Thanks. I will keep this in mind for future reference & let my dad know if at any point he finds the cheapest itinerary like this in the future so that he can decide whether or not paying less to go thru LAX would be a hassle.

I just had a family friend fly SQ to MAA and they went thru SEA so I can imagine the same at any US port for that matter.

Comment

Working...
      X