and this one was just so so

Comment

• www.bananaleaf-vancouver.com

Mango Margaritha and Mango Mojito

Roti Canai

Satay: Chicken, Beef and Lamb

Fried Tofu

Kangkung (not popular ... )

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the main dishes. Or, was it because the company digging into the beef rendang, chicken curry, hainanese chicken, green beans sambel belacan too quickly?

Comment

• www.glowbalgroup.com

Satay and Teaser

Hmm yummy shrimp!

Kobe Beef Ball Spaghetti

Kobe Beef Burgers

Mini Donuts!

Comment

• SFO Downtown Seafood?

Besides the recommended Aqua, is there somewhere else in SFO that offers good seafood for a fair bit less than Aqua (I can skip the caviar and foie gras)? Looking for fresh "catch of the day" fish and of course Dungeness crab.
          Ideally somewhere the locals go rather than the Fisherman's wharf tourist trap

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Besides the recommended Aqua, is there somewhere else in SFO that offers good seafood for a fair bit less than Aqua (I can skip the caviar and foie gras)? Looking for fresh "catch of the day" fish and of course Dungeness crab.
            Try the Ferry Plaza. Still a fair bit of tourists, but not "tourist trap" a-la Fisherman's Wharf.

http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace....chant_list.php

Comment

• Some readers might think that we always go to expensive places to eat. But in reality, we go for good foods! Here are some pictures down memory lane. Inexpensive but great!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                Some readers might think that we always go to expensive places to eat. But in reality, we go for good foods!
                Spot on!!! Do you remember the place we (DFP was with us) in Bali en route to Ubud a couple years ago? Some of my favorite meals with you and other friends here have been over "cheap eats."

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  Try the Ferry Plaza. Still a fair bit of tourists, but not "tourist trap" a-la Fisherman's Wharf.

http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace....chant_list.php
                  Thanks milehighj, I had a look but sadly they don't really do dinner. Or maybe I'll just have an early dinner

Comment

• Sydney

Kingsleys Steak House, Darling Harbour - Great steaks
                    Kelly's Bar and Grill, Bondi Junction - Great Pork/Lamb ribs
                    Balzac, Randwick Junction - Two Chefs Hats!

Comment

• List updated.

Have also updated my own Melbourne list to take out some places which I feel have declined in quality, or closed down (). And added some new ones!

Highly recommend the following espresso bar I discovered not long ago. It's v hidden but the coffee is so good. Not suitable for large groups as it's pretty small. The place fits not more than 8 people at a time - maybe that's why they make it so hard to find! You can borrow some crates or cushions and sit outside in the laneway, though it might be a tad too cold in winter for that.

Pushka Espresso Bar
                      (Walk to Lt Collins St between Swanston and Elizabeth Sts. Turn into the little shopping laneway called Howey Pl - it's like a mini street mall. Walk 20 meters and turn left into Pesgrave Pl)

Latte

Chai tea with soy milk
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Try Yabbies:

http://www.yabbiesrestaurant.com/

Their pedigree is all Aqua.

Swan Oyster Depot is also very good.
                        1517 Polk Street
                        (between California St & Sacramento St)
                        San Francisco, CA 94109
                        (415) 673-1101

Note they are cash only and open from 8am - 5:30pm.
                        Last edited by HUGE AL; 8 September 2008, 04:04 AM.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

I don't remember the exact name for the restaurants I had been. But those restaurants you are inquiring about are in the category of fine dining. And for me, eating the crab, would be more enjoyable in an informal restaurant. I remember one of the Chinese restaurant in Geary Streets in Sunset district. Or go to other fishermen's area such as Half Moon Bay (I assume you will rent a car while in San Francisco).

Comment

And for me, eating the crab, would be more enjoyable in an informal restaurant. I remember one of the Chinese restaurant in Geary Streets in Sunset district.
                            I believe the restaurant SQ LPP is talking about is (actually Vietnamese ) Thanh Long. It's by the Crustacean family. However, it should be noted that in recent years, they are heavy handed on the salt there.

http://www.anfamily.com/Restaurants/.../homepage.html
                            HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                              I believe the restaurant SQ LPP is talking about is (actually Vietnamese ) Thanh Long. It's by the Crustacean family. However, it should be noted that in recent years, they are heavy handed on the salt there.

http://www.anfamily.com/Restaurants/.../homepage.html

I lived in San Francisco until year 2000. I do recall Mayflower restaurant at Geary. Perhaps everything has changed. Like in Castro area. The only one I know it is still there is the one on Market St, a restaurant without a name.

Comment

I lived in San Francisco until year 2000. I do recall Mayflower restaurant at Geary. Perhaps everything has changed. Like in Castro area. The only one I know it is still there is the one on Market St, a restaurant without a name.
                                Ahhh...Mayflower is quite good...although they are primarily known for their fish. However, based on SQ LPP's excellent taste, I'm sure the crab there is quite good (though I've never tried it).
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X