Need advice on Jarkarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi SoarBeyond,

arriving on SQ 956 ETA in CGK around 10:00 am in the morning, assumption you do not have any checked in luggage not much congestion flight in CGK Terminal 2 at that time.

The problem is in SQ 959, its 2 pm, and lunch time period means traffic jam in highway gate.

Sunter area is not too far from airport. But Avoid Kelapa gading area. The traffic jam could drive you crazy and un predictable.

There are a lot of Makan place in Sunter which open during lunch time as well. Padang and sate khas senayan is located in sunter.

Trusted Taxi is blue bird group. Silver bird is part of Blue bird group as well.

Just in case you need to stay in the hotel, There are several choices. 1 hotel in sunter is Sunlake Hotel. But more choices if you are prefer in mangga dua are. There are Novotel, Amaris (Santika Group budget) or Sheraton and Even Ibis.

This is the link to check arrival and departure from CGK airport hope it helps

http://www.angkasapura2.co.id

reminds me a couple years back when i did the similar things

-AdityaBudi

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      I was in Jakarta last month. The taxi queue is now more orderly. Silver Bird (the premium taxi) which now use the Merz still has their own "exclusive" counter. The rest of taxi including Blue Bird has their own queue next to each other few meters away.

Just take Silver Bird, the ride to Sunter should cost you at most 250,000-300,000 IDR (which is like SGD30-40) even at quite bad traffic.

May be can bring her to Kelapa Gading
      Haha thanks alot mate! Yeah... I took a Golden Bird in the end??? According to the driver? Though i swear i went to the Silverbird counter!
      It cost me 410000 IDR

Originally posted by adityabudi View Post
      Hi SoarBeyond,

arriving on SQ 956 ETA in CGK around 10:00 am in the morning, assumption you do not have any checked in luggage not much congestion flight in CGK Terminal 2 at that time.

The problem is in SQ 959, its 2 pm, and lunch time period means traffic jam in highway gate.

Sunter area is not too far from airport. But Avoid Kelapa gading area. The traffic jam could drive you crazy and un predictable.

There are a lot of Makan place in Sunter which open during lunch time as well. Padang and sate khas senayan is located in sunter.

Trusted Taxi is blue bird group. Silver bird is part of Blue bird group as well.

Just in case you need to stay in the hotel, There are several choices. 1 hotel in sunter is Sunlake Hotel. But more choices if you are prefer in mangga dua are. There are Novotel, Amaris (Santika Group budget) or Sheraton and Even Ibis.

This is the link to check arrival and departure from CGK airport hope it helps

http://www.angkasapura2.co.id

reminds me a couple years back when i did the similar things

-AdityaBudi
      Hey! Thanks alot for the info! I just came back from the kelapa gading area! Phew... I saw the way traffic there was... Thank god i had a driver.
      Thanks for the hotels! Am staying at the Sunlake now!
      Be sure to share that experience with me ya

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
        Haha thanks alot mate! Yeah... I took a Golden Bird in the end??? According to the driver? Though i swear i went to the Silverbird counter!
        It cost me 410000 IDR

Soarbeyond - this is a bit late for you, but you bring up a good point others might find useful for future reference: whether you want a Silverbird or normal Bluebird, you need to look for the "GoldenBird" counter. There isn't a counter labeled Silverbird or Bluebird, if I remember correctly. They are part of the same Blue Bird Group company, but this is not so clear when looking for the right taxi counter when you exit from the customs door.

As other posters have said, you really really want to stick to the Silverbirds or Bluebirds (or Pusakas -- same group) for your taxi needs. But the counter for them is labeled as "Goldenbird". When exiting the door at customs, you should turn right, if I remember correctly and the counter will be right there.

Goldenbird is the side of the Blue Bird group that is usually dedicated to charters. Silverbird are the nice taxis, usually Mercedes and usually a driver with decent English. Then Bluebird are your basic taxis -- but still professional and clean.

Comment

Hi all. I got done once before with goldenbird as well. Bluebird is not that honest sometimes if you don't know what you are doing.

As far as I know there is silverbird and goldenbird counter when you exit. The silverbird seems to be for prebookings only. I went there and was directed to goldenbird as I did not have a booking even though I asked for a silverbird.
          I was charged exorbitantly for a Toyota Camry which they called a goldenbird. No tv or any better service than silverbird but fixed rate.

As far as I can tell we need to go out to the silverbird counter at the road and get in queue. But there is usually no waiting time.

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
            It cost me 410000 IDR
            I believe you are taking the taxi from the booth just after you pass the custom, where there are many other counter like hotel reservation etc. That counter IS Golden Bird counter which is basically a car-rental arrangement. It should be a Toyota Crown car if I am not wrong and looks like a private car with no meter running right?

You have go outside, pass the glass door, and you will see a little booth with SilverBird sign.

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
            Hi all. I got done once before with goldenbird as well. Bluebird is not that honest sometimes if you don't know what you are doing.

As far as I know there is silverbird and goldenbird counter when you exit. The silverbird seems to be for prebookings only. I went there and was directed to goldenbird as I did not have a booking even though I asked for a silverbird.
            I was charged exorbitantly for a Toyota Camry which they called a goldenbird. No tv or any better service than silverbird but fixed rate.

As far as I can tell we need to go out to the silverbird counter at the road and get in queue. But there is usually no waiting time.
            You need to be very careful. Many other taxi in Jakarta say they are "Blue Bird" because they know many foreigners have been advised to take blue bird. I got one American friend who came to Jakarta few years back for the first time and she was cheated, as she said she wants Blue Bird and the person said yes, his taxi is Blue Bird.

It is not true that Silver Bird is only pre-book. As I mentioned above, Golden Bird fleet is like private car. Some business man who wants image loves to use their service. It has its own segment. You can also book Golden Bird for days. I think you also went to the wrong place. You have to go out passing the glass door (by the road side)

Here is Blue Bird Group website. http://www.bluebirdgroup.com I was told by the BlueBird driver that one way to identify BlueBird taxi from the rest (especially at night and from far) is to see the crown light. The BB taxi will have a bright light (not dim one). I was told this "secret" few years back, not sure if those imposter taxi knows this "secret" and start changing their crown light also.
            Last edited by lingua101; 21 June 2012, 07:33 PM.
            visit my blog

Comment

Thank You all for the information!

Yes, right after i exited customs, to my right, i went to the counters@
              There was a counter labelled Silverbird and Goldenbird.
              I went to the Silverbird one and got a Goldenbird car.
              It didn;t have a meter.

Oh wells At least i paid for a safe and comfortable ride.

I didn;t particularly trust bluebird this trip... Somehow.. due to a terribly bad experience... I think when i go back next month, i'll just hire a driver to take me anywhere/

I'll update with a TR soon once i get back to SG as i'm now in Japan.

Comment

post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  As you step off the aircraft, attempt to break Usain Bolt's record. Unless you like waiting in line for an hour at immigration
                  Hahahahaha this is sooooo true!!

Comment

Working...
                  X