Waiting time for cab at SFO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting time for cab at SFO ?

I'll be arriving on New Year's Day at SFO on SQ2 at about 6.30pm, and need some advice from those familiar with SFO :

1) Are cabs freely available on New Year's Day ? How long would you estimate I'd have to wait ?

2) For a family of four, would you recommend Supershuttle or Execucar (sp?) instead ? These cost about US$80 and how much cheaper would a cab be to downtown ?

Thanks in advance !
    J. my own dear wife J.

You could rent a car for about US$35/day including taxes/surcharges and that would give you more freedom to move around if that's your plan to go outside downtown. But do check your downtown hotel for the parking charges as some could be US$50/day.

Comment

I have never arrived on New Years Day at SFO so I can't comment on it specifically. However normally I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a cab. IIRC it is about $35 to downtown in a cab.

Comment

I'm going to a downtown hotel to stay for 4 nights, and will use public transport, so won't be renting a car.

I think I'll probably line up for a cab at SFO then. The Execucar meet-and-greet limo service sounds great but at US$80 it's to expensive for me.

Thanks 9V-JKL and lobster !
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Well, I always take BART... so I am not familiar with taxi. But yeah for the whole family, it's better take a taxi (I think about $35 to $40). You just line up at tax stall, and it won't be that bad. If you have many luggages, may be you have to wait for the minivan cab, which is slightly more expensive. I personally will not take a greet and meet car. I am too shy fro that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
          X