X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KLIA hand luggage restriction

http://www.klia.com.my/images/storie...20baggage1.jpg
    5kg?? How strictly is this enforced?

I never knew the airport can control the hand carry baggage allowance, I thought it was up to the airline.

Anyway, KLIA isn't a very strict airport. You can put a bottle of water into your carry on undetected (most of the time). My carry ons are always above 7kg but I never once got caught But I can't say for sure for you.

Comment

I've been through KL airport once or twice. So far, never got stopped for hand luggage. Mine's usually pretty light though.

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
        http://www.klia.com.my/images/storie...20baggage1.jpg
        5kg?? How strictly is this enforced?
        It isn't really. I went through last Monday with the max size hand luggage that was well over 7kg and nobody even looked.

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        I never knew the airport can control the hand carry baggage allowance, I thought it was up to the airline.
        It is, and I wish somebody would remind the Australian Airport Authotities of this fact.

Anyway, KLIA isn't a very strict airport. You can put a bottle of water into your carry on undetected (most of the time).
        Indeed, which regardless of the lack of security aspect of this (where they are far from alone in not detecting liquids, trust me...) it also begs the question why they have that additional security scan straight after immigration when they do it at every gate anyway.

Another classic example of pointless 'airport security' for 'securities sake'.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          .. it also begs the question why they have that additional security scan straight after immigration when they do it at every gate anyway.

Another classic example of pointless 'airport security' for 'securities sake'.
          I agree, I don't really see the point in them having another check after the aerotrain ride, especially since the staff aren't that into their job. They should be HKG style, check once after immigration.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post

Anyway, KLIA isn't a very strict airport. You can put a bottle of water into your carry on undetected (most of the time). My carry ons are always above 7kg but I never once got caught But I can't say for sure for you.
            You are right on carrying bottle of water. Never get detected.

Comment

Working...
            X