Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arriving HKG at 10:30p, stay at apt or downtown HK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
    I see, I'll make sure to do that . As long as it's not as bad as it is in Shanghai I will be fine. Even with the address in Chinese he managed to drop me off about 2km from the hotel . I decided to walk the last bit - the taxi driver was simply stupid (or acting that way).
    Like Pinkfloyd, I've never had a problem in Shanghai (about half a dozen visits) but YMMV of course.

You're right that the taxi driver may have been ignorant ... or acting that way. I had this happen recently in IST where the taxi driver dropped us off up the road from the hotel and then proceeded to try to charge us much more than what was on the meter (which he had just turned off). Luckily, we knew the correct amount, had the right bank notes on us and knew where our hotel really was. We gave him what we should pay and said if he wanted to argue about the rest, he can follow us to our hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
      Thanks sqdazz, 225 and SQflyergirl!

I can't take the bus, since the last bus departs at 11:12PM, while my flight arrives at 10:30PM. I'm checking in luggage so I will never make it.

What would be the best way to get to the Courtyard Hong Kong? I was thinking the Airport Express to Hong Kong station, then catching a cab? Is there a taxi stand at Hong Kong station?
      Welcome to Hong Kong!!

You can take the Airport Express to Hong Kong Station and take the cab to the hotel, which is just a short ride expecially at night.

However Courtyard is a little bit away from busy areas, so it may be quiet at that time, but you can still walk around as there are some food shops open till 2-3 a.m.

Or if you still have energy, Lan Kwai Fong is not far from you actually, take a cab.

Actually, during your stay, you can use the tram to Central and Causeway Bay, although you see they are moving slowly, but most of time they use the same time as Buses, and even faster than underground (The platforms in Hong Kong Island are very deep, so it takes some times from the ground to the platform)! And it is cheap too (HK$2), the only off side is the tram don't have any a/c

Anyway, enjoy your trip!!

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
        Welcome to Hong Kong!!

You can take the Airport Express to Hong Kong Station and take the cab to the hotel, which is just a short ride expecially at night.

However Courtyard is a little bit away from busy areas, so it may be quiet at that time, but you can still walk around as there are some food shops open till 2-3 a.m.

Or if you still have energy, Lan Kwai Fong is not far from you actually, take a cab.

Actually, during your stay, you can use the tram to Central and Causeway Bay, although you see they are moving slowly, but most of time they use the same time as Buses, and even faster than underground (The platforms in Hong Kong Island are very deep, so it takes some times from the ground to the platform)! And it is cheap too (HK$2), the only off side is the tram don't have any a/c

Anyway, enjoy your trip!!
        Thanks for your reply - very helpful indeed!

Comment

Working...
        X