KUL LCCT & BKI: Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Immigration lines mercifully short (especially for Malaysians)
    Agree with everything except this one... it was completely disheartening to see the queue (and everyone, including Malaysians had to queue in the same queue). One old Malaysian lady (a 'makcik') had actually queued up the whole way (easily 40 mins) before she realised she needed to step back outside of the immigration area (for whatever reason), and had proceeded to re-queue *of course, she was very disappointed*. Luckily she explained the situation to someone and everyone kindly let her progress to the middle where she was subsequently stopped by some Americans for 'trying to cut in'.

It took her another 20 mins to reach the front of the queue.

She spent a good 1 hour + in that line... and she was most definitely holding a Malaysian passport. I could see no lines for other types of passport holders except for Aircrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      and she was most definitely holding a Malaysian passport. I could see no lines for other types of passport holders except for Aircrew.
      Then she wasn't aware that she could use the Auto-machines. Because those are basically 20 seconds and you're through

Comment

What ? You mean my stash of KUL priority immigration cards won't work ?

Comment

SQFG: I saw a bunch of those machines outside, but could see nobody using them.

Don't they still need to go through that crazy passport queue? I saw two other Malaysians trying to veer around the queue completely and got directed back in line.

What I saw: First the queue, then the customs check

jhm: Don't think it even gets a cheeseburger at McD's LCCT!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            SQFG: I saw a bunch of those machines outside, but could see nobody using them.

Don't they still need to go through that crazy passport queue? I saw two other Malaysians trying to veer around the queue completely and got directed back in line.

Malaysians with Machine readable passports (which i think is about all of them now) go through (or SHOULD go through) the Machine lane. Maybe the machines weren't working that day.

Comment

New LCCT plans unveiled
              http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...858&sec=nation

Comment

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                ultra excellent. Will make transfers between terminals a WHOLE lot easier.

I know where precisely this land is - judging by the map. It'll be visible as you drive in towards the MTB on the right, or on the left when driving home from the MTB. Looks to be by the side of 32L/14R.

Comment

dont seem to have much trouble with the LCCT - arriving from sin is a breeze now with its new international arrival hall - only when arriving to check-in from kerbside onwards there seems to always have a crowd but its fairly easy to walk through n go straight to check-in counters - and usually for flights to sin the queue is manageable depending on how close to the departure time as even if an hour ahead - seems ok. It seems only for domestic flights' check-in that have often longer queues due to 1st time travellers and "kampung" folks and usually accompanied by a group of "well wishers send-off".
                  For the construction outside - its for the new international departure which should be completed in abt 6 weeks - which will make international departure a much better place.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Malaysians with Machine readable passports (which i think is about all of them now) go through (or SHOULD go through) the Machine lane. Maybe the machines weren't working that day.
                    What's new?
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

good news the new international departure hall at LCCT has just bee opened - even ahead of schedule. If its like the arrival hall - then it will be a great improvement.

--------------------

Wednesday March 18, 2009
                      New LCCT departure hall opens

SEPANG: The new international departure hall at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal opens today with the first flight to Guangzhou, China leaving at 5.50am.

The new hall can accommodate 3,200 passengers compared to 600 at the old one.

Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad senior general manager (operation services) Datuk Azmi Murad said the number of international travellers was growing rapidly with the introduction of AirAsia’s new long-haul destinations, including to London, Perth, Gold Coast and Melbourne.

“The number of domestic passengers for 2008 were 5,050,693 while international passengers were 5,087,859,” he told reporters when giving a media tour at the hall here yesterday.

However, he said, international passengers were expected to grow and make up 60% of the total in the next two years.

Azmi said the expansion project, which cost about RM124mil, would increase terminal maximum capacity by 50% from the current 10 million passengers per annum (ppa) to 15 million by 2011.

“In order to cope with the growth, immigration counters, including the auto gate lanes, will also be increased to 45 from 18,” he said.

He said there was also an increase of 10 boarding gates for international departure compared to eight.

“Other new facilities include 12 shower rooms, five baby changing rooms, one smoking room and four lifts and escalators,” he said.

He said passengers could also expect faster baggage delivery with the expansion of two carousels to six.

On parking facilities, he said, there was an additional of 1,500 parking bays. “The number of retail outlets has been increased to 28 from the present seven with an additional six food and beverages outlets,” he said.

On the old departure hall, Azmi said it would be closed from today for renovation.

On what would happen to the LCCT when the new LCCT at the KL International Airport is completed in 2011, Azmi said: “It can be converted into a cargo terminal but we will decide later.”

Comment

the new LCCT international departure hall and inside its transit hall is much better than changi's budget terminal - except that its always fairly crowded with so many air asia's flights hourly.

Comment

I just noticed in the Priority Pass update received today:

Kuala Lumpur International (KUL)

Plaza Premium Lounge, Low Cost Carrier Terminal (L.C.C.T) has reopened following refurbishments and has amended its location details:-

Landside - from the Public Concourse turn left into the International Check-in Area. The Lounge is located on the left hand side of the International Check-in Counter. The Lounge is also accessible to passengers that have passed Security Checks to airside, as a second entrance is located opposite the T1 and T2 Gate in the International Departure Hall.
                          Does this mean that the lounge has exits to both landside and airside ?!?

Comment

yes the one just outside before the security check-in (international side) is a very small one which is for domestic travellers - whilst the much bigger one inside the departure hall are for international bound pax who already have check-in through immigration n customs.

Comment

Working...
                            X