Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suvarnabhumi is getting worse. Queues at HKG also terrible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to mention that when I entered HKG the other day (around mid-day), the immigration queues were still terrible to the extent that I overheard two immigration officers comment to the other that it was like Lo Wu (one of the border crossings from the HKSAR to Shenzhen in China which - from what I remember from years ago - is packed with people).

At times like this, a HKID plus thumbprint to clear the automatic entry/exit immigration gates (and presumably the other cards mentioned above) within a minute is worth its weight in gold - no need to run for immigration after deplaning!

Comment

For me, it is not the amount of officer that piss me off... it is the time that they take to process one passport. they will try to talk to you for like 10 mins and then they do their stuff. by the time you come out, your baggage will be last called

Comment

The contrast continues...

Disembarked from D2, got a bit of speed up to reduce the pain of standing around for around half an hour but was greeted by a bunch of bored looking immigration staff at desks with no queue.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          The contrast continues...

Disembarked from D2, got a bit of speed up to reduce the pain of standing around for around half an hour but was greeted by a bunch of bored looking immigration staff at desks with no queue.
          what was the time?

Comment

Does MH have a transfer counter airside in HKG?

Comment

I just passed thru Suvarnabhumi last week. The queues were terrible. The officers took forever to process my arrival and departure. I was waiting for abt 20min to get processed when I was first in line. The departure was even worse, I was waiting more than half an hour.

Comment

Just arrived today @ BKK and the line was 5 people.....2 minute wait for the Thai lane

Will report again on Tuesday morning

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                  Just arrived today @ BKK and the line was 5 people.....2 minute wait for the Thai lane

Will report again on Tuesday morning
                  Remember, you arrived during Chinese New Year weekend... it would be an outlier in the data map.

Comment

well. dont arrive during lunch time... because for me, i touch down at 1200 hrs and only left AIRSIDE at 1330 hrs

Comment

In the TG F lounge right now checkin to lounge 5 minutes

The checkin lady even wrote my immigration form for me

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                        The checkin lady even wrote my immigration form for me
                        Check again, maybe she left you her phone and address

Comment

Feb 19th @ 9.30am Immigration empty... leaving aircraft 2 curbside 10 minutes.

Feb 19th @ 3pm Immigration 10 minutes for Thai lane and probably twice as long for foreigners. From checkin 2 aircraft door 15 minutes

Comment

now... immigration is lesser and queues are faster (BKK are really listening to feedback) but still, can someone do something about the transport service

Comment

Working...
                            X