Johor Baharu Senai Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johor Baharu Senai Airport

Any idea what is the best way to get there?

I heard there is bus going there just after the coast way. How much time I need to factor in if I need to take flight from there to KUL.

Is it worth the hassle?
    visit my blog

Where are you starting from?

The easiest way is to take yourself to the JB taxi/bus centre near the Golden Landmark Hotel then get a JB taxi straight to the airport. Should cost $50-100......it's been years since i took that trip.

The cheapest way is get the MRT to Kranji then jump on a Causeway bus going to Senai Airport.

Depending on the time of day you leave, you'll need an hour by taxi from SG central to the airport. Bus, don't know but it might only be another 30-min on top but it does depend on your starting point in SG since the MRT in actual fact, is quite slow.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
      Where are you starting from?

The easiest way is to take yourself to the JB taxi/bus centre near the Golden Landmark Hotel then get a JB taxi straight to the airport. Should cost $50-100......it's been years since i took that trip.

The cheapest way is get the MRT to Kranji then jump on a Causeway bus going to Senai Airport.

Depending on the time of day you leave, you'll need an hour by taxi from SG central to the airport. Bus, don't know but it might only be another 30-min on top but it does depend on your starting point in SG since the MRT in actual fact, is quite slow.
      thanks scooby.... i stay in the east side. stone away from Changi actually.

I am thinking to take JHB-KUL MH flight. Return trip only RM300. There is 12xx flight. So I wonder if it worths the hassle. SIN-KUL so far I can only see close to SGD300
      visit my blog

Comment

its betst to take air asia from T1 to KUL and return would costs less than S$140 or take jetstar from T1 to KLIA for abt same price or less. Its so inconvenient to go senai to catch a flight to KUL

Comment

the problem with Air Asia, it will arrive in Budget terminal in KLIA, a bit difficult to take KLIA Express.

Jetstar last minute ticket especially over the weekend, is not cheap le...
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            the problem with Air Asia, it will arrive in Budget terminal in KLIA, a bit difficult to take KLIA Express.

Jetstar last minute ticket especially over the weekend, is not cheap le...
            The convinience beats the savings... padon the pun, but don't be penny wise pound foolish.... I tell you why.

I stay in Yew Tee... taxi ride gets me to Woodlands CIQ in ten minutes. Take 5 minutes to clear Singapore side and 15 minutes later you are in KSI. Don't be fooled if someone tells you the jam is no longer there, it is a toss of the coin, so budget 30 minutes to an hour for that. After that bus ride to KotarayaII which takes you 10 minutes. If you get on the Senai bus, it takes you 45 minutes to get to the airport. If you go by taxi, some Wajas/Wiras can do 30-35. I will not factor checkin time since it is variable if you choose to cut it tight.

Then again, this is for your reference.

One more thing about Jetstar, it really depends when you fly. I have had decent fares even D-1

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
              The convinience beats the savings... padon the pun, but don't be penny wise pound foolish.... I tell you why.

I stay in Yew Tee... taxi ride gets me to Woodlands CIQ in ten minutes. Take 5 minutes to clear Singapore side and 15 minutes later you are in KSI. Don't be fooled if someone tells you the jam is no longer there, it is a toss of the coin, so budget 30 minutes to an hour for that. After that bus ride to KotarayaII which takes you 10 minutes. If you get on the Senai bus, it takes you 45 minutes to get to the airport. If you go by taxi, some Wajas/Wiras can do 30-35. I will not factor checkin time since it is variable if you choose to cut it tight.

Then again, this is for your reference.

One more thing about Jetstar, it really depends when you fly. I have had decent fares even D-1
              ok thanks for the advise.... the hassle of the checkpoint worry me. that's why i am asking here and see if it is worth or may as well take the bus via second link.

when i fly jetstar/airasia, i hope i will not paying more than $100 as they are budget airlines.... especially when my KL trip is not really necessary one....

so can you share how much is the decent fare?
              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                ok thanks for the advise.... the hassle of the checkpoint worry me. that's why i am asking here and see if it is worth or may as well take the bus via second link.

when i fly jetstar/airasia, i hope i will not paying more than $100 as they are budget airlines.... especially when my KL trip is not really necessary one....

so can you share how much is the decent fare?
                I cannot remember the exact figure, but was 100plus

Comment

Yup, the border is hit or miss but mostly during the week around 9am I've not had major issue crossing by car, though that was before they introduced this bio-metric scanning at the border and i've not been over yet since they've started so i don't know.

For the sake of the difference between RM300 and SGD300, I would fly out of Changi.

Comment

Working...
                  X