TPE-LAX Fare Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPE-LAX Fare Increase

After the demise of ex-CMB fares, TPE-LAX is one of the lowest transpacific C fares on SQ. Unfortunately, it is going up by $500 starting 01-Jul-07, coinciding with the introduction of 77W service on SQ27/28. Current fare of around $2300 is valid for departure until 30-Jun-07 only. F fare goes up by around $500 as well. No, it is not a surcharge, SQ simply raised the fares.
    Last edited by TerryK; 13 March 2007, 05:25 AM.

Thank you for the info. I guess SQ tries to shorten fares differential gap all over the world. Never done this route at all. (Yeah no incentive being no possible UG to F... )

Comment

Hey but don't forget that in the new paradigm higher fares mean easier PPS requal...

Comment

Most passengers are trying to avoid this route as mainly due to the SQ006 tragic effect, some rumor was saying one of the dead flight attendant appear in a ghost format in the SQ crew hotel in Los Angeles...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          Hey but don't forget that in the new paradigm higher fares mean easier PPS requal...
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The good thing is that you can find Business Class Saver award tickets on the TPE-LAX-TPE route, even on the 773ER. I snagged two award tickets on the same flight, booked these online, for 93,500 miles each.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Me To The Moon View Post
              The good thing is that you can find Business Class Saver award tickets on the TPE-LAX-TPE route, even on the 773ER. I snagged two award tickets on the same flight, booked these online, for 93,500 miles each.
              can you please inform me how to snag business saver award tickets on the new 773er for tpe-lax? I thought you could only acquire these seats by using unrestricted reward redemptions. thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                Most passengers are trying to avoid this route as mainly due to the SQ006 tragic effect, some rumor was saying one of the dead flight attendant appear in a ghost format in the SQ crew hotel in Los Angeles...
                Which one? And why only one?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                  Which one? And why only one?
                  They are trying to avoid the TPE-LAX route, after the SQ accident at chang kai-shek airport in PTE on Oct 31, 2000 that killed 79 passengers and 4 crew. After the accident, SQ changed the flight number from 006 to SQ28.

Comment

very interesting read on that flight:
                    http://www.airlinesafety.com/editori...ngapore006.htm

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                      can you please inform me how to snag business saver award tickets on the new 773er for tpe-lax? I thought you could only acquire these seats by using unrestricted reward redemptions. thanks so much.
                      I can't find any availability anymore. I got my two Business Saver award tickets right after SQ had uploaded the 77W flights into the system. I guess their award redemption restrictions were not put in place yet, so I was able to book the two tickets. The booking clearly showed 77W as the equipment being used, and when I clicked to confirm...voila...the booking was accepted, and then the points subsequently deducted.

Right now, for any dates I choose with 77W as the equipment, indeed, 230000 points need to be used to redeem the award.

Comment

We lapsed in our usual welcome greeting. Sorry!

Welcome to SQTalk, taipeiflyer.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                          They are trying to avoid the TPE-LAX route, after the SQ accident at chang kai-shek airport in PTE on Oct 31, 2000 that killed 79 passengers and 4 crew. After the accident, SQ changed the flight number from 006 to SQ28.
                          I know all that. Four members of the cabin crew died. The rumour is that the ghost of one of them has been seen. I asked which one.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                            I know all that. Four members of the cabin crew died. The rumour is that the ghost of one of them has been seen. I asked which one.
                            And to add on to your question: Why is her ghost seen in a LAX hotel, when the flight clearly had not arrived there?

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                              dang, it would be interesting to hear more of these "ghost" stories/urban legends from the crew... so far i only know army and university stories..

Comment

Working...
                              X