Some observations from my recent SQ flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some observations from my recent SQ flights

I start this thread as a way for me to give feedback to SQ through SQ lurkers around here. As you may already know, I generally do not complaints directly to SQ, rather giving a feed back through my SQ contact. For several months, I had have great experience on almost all my SQ flights, except two exceptions on SQ638 F SIN-NRT and SQ C PEN-SIN. And, for few months I have been traveling together with DeltaFlyingProf.
    This week, I was traveling alone. And I have a few observations that hopefully would be good input for SQ. (Note: I decided not to post this in the threads of SQ does-doesn't love me anymore. )

Of course, any one here who wants to give feedback from his/her recent flights, is welcome to post in this thread as well.

Hope this will be helpful, and fun!

Cheers.

SQ325 F FRA-SIN

My trip started from LHR. I took LHR-FRA on LH, and it is in the same PNR. Thus when checked-in at LHR, LH agent was able to print out the BP for SQ325 on LH F red stock boarding pass.

From prior experience, I know that when I am at the gate in FRA, SQ staff will change my BP to SQ stock. I was boarding late this time. So, one side was SQ staff (she has her blue batik blouse), and the other side was the contract staff. Decided to use the contract staff. My LH red BP went through the machine, and I got my stub! Thus, no change in boarding pass stock.

I boarded through the first door. Well, when I showed my red LH BP to the FA at the door, hmmm, how should I say this... I would say the greetings was pretty cold. He saw I was in 3F, but not the usual warm and friendly greeting with welcome aboard, mr. cgk. I was surprised but was curious what happened next. Yes, I say now it's a different reception, because another pax boarded showing SQ BP, and the same FA/purser greeted them with reading their names.

My conclusion... without the SQ BP stock, and those PPS stickers, it seems that the greetings welcome aboard is different.

Note: To be continued. Need to meet other SQTalkers here in London...
    Last edited by CGK; 4 February 2007, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      My conclusion... without the SQ BP stock, and those PPS stickers, it seems that the greetings welcome aboard is different.
      Did the onboard experience also feel less, well, like SQ, CGK?
      Note: To be continued. Need to meet other SQTalkers here in London...
      I trust you had a good time?
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I trust you had a good time?
        I indeed had a great time in London! Spending afternoon with humshee around Covent Garden and walked all the way to Selfridges. Then around 4:45pm met JPB at MO Bar. We had coffee and tea with satay and peking duck spring roll. (To be continued )

Did the onboard experience also feel less, well, like SQ, CGK?
        In fact, I felt that the service experience was a bit less like the usual SQ which I thought because of the LH BP stock without PPS sticker. When the FA getting my jacket once I was at my seat, no addressing by name. But then I recalled that when I disembarked at SIN, only the IFS who said something like thank you mr cgk for flying sq.
        But again, according to a friend, once the crew gets the pax manifest, the crew will have seen my SQ status from the list.

The example of something that can be improved from this flight service is attention to detail. i am not being picky, but here the usual SQ standard. The placing of logo of F of the meals china is usually in a particular way. This time the crew did not really pay attention about it.
        Then, I inquired about the possibility of my dinner BTC to be served for my main course prior to landing in Singapore. Yes, I said if it is possible, and I would get the dinner main course from the list. This was done without any hesitation. But then came to next day, I was asked my choice for breakfast. The leading stewardess did not remember about my BTC. I mentioned to her about my artichoke crusted lamb. But she looked at me like I am a nut.

I woke up from my nap, and my bottled water was empty. I saw the FA was taking care of the pax in front of me. Thus when the FA passing my seat, I said I would like to get some water please. But 30 minutes later nothing happened. Of course, being me, I got up and went to the galley asking again for the water.

Eye contact: It seems to me that in this flight, every time I communicate with the FAs, I tried to make eye contact. But the FAs seems to me avoiding the eye contact.

I know you all will say I just have a bad crew. But I still believe that the non-SQ BP played a role in the way this particular crew dealing with me.

Comment

My trip started from LHR. I took LHR-FRA on LH, and it is in the same PNR. Thus when checked-in at LHR, LH agent was able to print out the BP for SQ325 on LH F red stock boarding pass.
          Why via FRA? Why not SQ directly from LHR?
          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
            No seat available from LHR the day I wanted to fly.

Comment

SQ221 SIN-SYD

At Changi
              Kudos for the check-in agents who remember me. I wanted to check-in at the First Class Check-In Lounge, but after noticing a line, decided to go to Row 4 instead. And see familiar faces.

I was surprised with the plain gold PPS Club sticker on my BP. No more the word "Solitaire." I thought it was just an error. But the shocking news is the explanation that the streamlining that SQ is doing. This gold PPS Club sticker will be for Solitaire. And the white PPS Club sticker will be for QPP. Both QPP and Solitaire are *G status. So the reasoning of the sticker color for synchronization with *A doesn't make sense. And, yeah KF EG is also *G.

On Board
              I was too full after having dinner at Soup Restaurant. I skipped my dinner as well as breakfast. My BTC was rib-eye steak. I told the FA that I would not eat my BTC. And the term used by the FA was special meals. Sounds so strange to hear the words special meals instead of BTC. I always think that all SQ FAs know the term BTC or book the cook.

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                I have found it best to not try and understand CGK's itineraries. For one thing his whole concept of geography is, well, not what I was taught in school. At least to his way of thinking the best way to fly to SYD from YVR is as follows: YVR-SFO-JFK-FRA-LHR-FRA-SIN-SYD-SIN-FRA-LHR-SIN-NRT-LAX-YVR all in about a weeks time! Throw in a few of his dot dot dot stories, and you quickly realize that what happens on a CGK trip is best not to know!

And mark my words......his next post will probably be something about how shy and naive he is!

Back OT again....or was I ever .........CGK it seems unlikely to me that your BP would make that much of a difference. Seems you just had a lame crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
                  I At least to his way of thinking the best way to fly to SYD from YVR is as follows: YVR-SFO-JFK-FRA-LHR-FRA-SIN-SYD-SIN-FRA-LHR-SIN-NRT-LAX-YVR all in about a weeks time! Throw in a few of his dot dot dot stories, and ...
                  You must have too many mojitos. I don't do SIN-NRT-LAX... That would be on 26 Feb.

Comment

Going back to your observation in post #2, CGK, does this mean SQ ticket stock (and QPP/TPP sticker) would be needed for warm service in F?

If so, that's not a very good policy, IMO.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Did someone say Mojitos?

I have never had a PPS sticker so I doubt that is needed for warm service.

Comment

Going back to your observation in post #2, CGK, does this mean SQ ticket stock (and QPP/TPP sticker) would be needed for warm service in F?

If so, that's not a very good policy, IMO.
                        I felt a colder service with my non-SQ BP. But my PNR showed my SQ status, thus, the manifest should show the same. In reality, I felt that my SQ325 was not up to par. May be peter11 is correct by stating that perhaps I had the bad apple.
                        Definitely I will try to do this again, i.e. flying SQ F but BP issued by other airlines.

Comment

I have never had a PPS sticker so I doubt that is needed for warm service.
                          But you have a red BP issued by SQ. Mine was on LH red BP.

Comment

YVR-SFO-JFK-FRA-LHR-FRA-SIN-SYD-SIN-FRA-LHR-SIN-NRT-LAX-YVR all in about a weeks time! Throw in a few of his dot dot dot stories, and you quickly realize that what happens on a CGK trip is best not to know!

And mark my words......his next post will probably be something about how shy and naive he is!
                            Maybe, he has lots of special someone at every port of call. Yeah, you're right - we have long given up in trying to educate CGK on the finer points of Geography.

Comment

SQ 232 J SYD-SIN

Lounge
                              I arrived early since I wanted to change to SQ220. But it was full. I went to SKL. Once SQ220 departs, SKL will be closed until about 10:00am. Thus I move to NZ Lounge, which will close at 11:00am. Of course NZ Lounge is much larger, but I feel more being home at SKL. In my opinion, the shower at NZ lounge is very good. You have to get the towels from the lounge dragon. The water pressure is pretty strong.

On Board
                              I was on 17A, and 17C was empty. When taking off, the Lead Stewardess seated with me. I asked her about my gold PPS sticker. She said it's QPP not TPP. So I told her about what was told by SQ staff in Singapore regarding new sticker. Later on she told me yeah in the manifest showed my TPP status.
                              In this flight, menu was not distributed. The reason was for the fact that the caterer loaded the wrong main courses.
                              Okay here is the good study case for the SQ Girl Blue Kebaya:

I have BTC baramundi and rice. The girl called my BTC as special meals fish and rice. Then she was insisted that she would find different appetiser for me, because I have a special vegetarian meals. I am very confused. I told her I am not vegetarian. It's a BTC option and I picked baramundi and rice. But she was very determined about not wanting me to break my vegetarian meals.

Another lesson for SQ Boy with dark navy blue jacket:

Why they were not friendly and smily like the light grey one? It seems in my SIN-SYD as well as this SYD-SIN, this very dark blue jacket guys were not happy with their jobs. And yeah, it's not me only who thinks that. But I heard the lady behidn me talked to her seatmate about the guy.

My other comment: Three flights already, and none has 2GB SD card shown in KrisShop.

Anyway, after one SQ F and two SQ J, I must say, even though my SQ F was not up to par, but definitely it's still better than the J. For example, since I was seated in 17A, and the service is from the back, once the FA finished serving row 11, they would go back to the galley. When they passed me, I asked for coffee and water since all finished. She said I had to wait till later. She has to start from the back.

Comment

Working...
                              X