Do UA operate any 2 class 777's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do UA operate any 2 class 777's ?

Or maybe do they just sell them as 2 class on domestics ?. The reason I ask is I have just had a CRTWSTAR2 rebooked that includes UA149 ORD-SFO. When I have got the ticket back I noticed I was in M class for this flight.

After questioning this I was told that they just have Y & F on the flight. I know I should be in F on any UA domestics anyway on a CRTWSTAR but before I go back and point this out I'd be interested to know if how UA149 operates.

TIA

Yes they do have 2 class 772s out there. Unfortunately, these are super high density planes. 348 people in there. And they do sell them as two class planes. Usually these are operated between the mainland and Hawai'i, but sometimes appear between hubs.

EDIT - I took a look at the schedule again and here's what I can find:
    UA831, UA842 and UA907 are showing C class (the former being on a 777XC the latter two being on International 763s)

Would those be better options for you?
    Last edited by globetrekker84; 17 January 2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      I know I should be in F on any UA domestics anyway on a CRTWSTAR
      TIA
      Not necessarily.

If it's 3 class and D is sold- you gotta book that - and sit in J

If it's 2 class with only A available then yes - you book A, and sit in F

If it's 2 class with BOTH A and D available - you book in D, and sit in F.

Comment

Aye, I know that. I should have put 'I should be in F on 2 class domestics'.

Thank you for correcting me.

Comment

Aye, I know that. I should have put 'I should be in F on 2 class domestics'.

Thank you for correcting me.

Just making sure.... don't really know your state of mind after wigan's last match you see

Comment

I am sure you asked for a specific flight. Thus SQ agent could not get A on SQ system. Too many times happened that UA would have A0 because those seats are for YUP as well. My suggestion is to book confirmed A on other flight, and to call UA to change it.
            And yes, UA 777 has 2-class service F and Y. And beware that some flights might show FCY class, but in fact it's using FY only aircraft (thus using domestic config, rather than 3-class international config).

Comment

Actually it was just a little mistake by them.

They were going to rebook but I am trying to move the first part of the trip back a day, which means I am giving up the 77W for a SpaceBed 772ER.

Comment

Really? You don't want 77W?
                I just don't understand why everyone says nowdays that the new C and F are not good. If I can manage to get those seats, I will do it in a flash.

Comment

who says they are not good? I do not remember reading that anywhere. What's wrong with them? Is there a link to a thread you can hook me up with?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
                    who says they are not good? I do not remember reading that anywhere. What's wrong with them? Is there a link to a thread you can hook me up with?
                    Well, that's what I gather from FT as well as private chats with some. Basically they don't like the flip over bed style, as well as inability of lounging/seating position. But again, I am just a Y flier. So those new C and F seats are the best in my current mind. And I know the only other who likes both C and F is StarG.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      Really? You don't want 77W?
                      I DO want to fly the 77W, very much so believe me. However, that means leaving Friday to get Saturday's SQ15 and I cannot as I have things to do. I am now leaving Saturday for Sunday's SQ15. B*****y work.

Can't comment on the new F but the new RAFFLES blows anything else I've sampled clean out of the water. It's as good as most people's F. The only two things I dislike are the name change ( ) and the increase in redemption rates.

Comment

I DO want to fly the 77W, very much so believe me. However, that means leaving Friday to get Saturday's SQ15 and I cannot as I have things to do. I am now leaving Saturday for Sunday's SQ15. B*****y work.
                        Well, if you leave Sunday, you can catch Monday's SQ15. Isn't it 77W?

Can't comment on the new F but the new RAFFLES blows anything else I've sampled clean out of the water. It's as good as most people's F. The only two things I dislike are the name change ( ) and the increase in redemption rates.
                        Well, I share your view. But I have just read almost everywhere, the negative comments about the new seats as a major blunder made by SQ.

Comment

Sunday is too late as I need a full day in Busan on Tuesday. I am then flying PUS-KIX-BKK on Wednesday before going to Hanoi/Haiphong for a couple of days.

I haven't seen much (if any) negative feedback on the new J, quite the opposite actually. F yes, but I reserve judgement until I fly it. Didn't I say it was an 'enhanced SkySuite'.

It will all be forgotten when the F for the A380 is launched anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            But I have just read almost everywhere, the negative comments about the new seats as a major blunder made by SQ.
                            The more negative comments on TOF, the easier it is for us who do like the seats...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              The more negative comments on TOF, the easier it is for us who do like the seats...
                              I second that.
                              I love the bed in the new F. So taking a long flight sleeping would not be a problem in sleeping. But hey, some will prefer to stay awake in the plane, while I like to catch up with my sleep when flying.

Comment

Working...
                              X