Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! First flight on SQ, Upgrade to F!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! First flight on SQ, Upgrade to F!!!

This one is going down in the record books! As a christmas present to my cousin, i booked him a redemption SQ-business class ticket from LAX-NRT, and a TG Business Class ticket from NRT-BKK, with five nights at the westin in tokyo and 5 nights at amanpuri in thailand. I was intending to fly with him, on paid flights for myself, and had booked a ticket on the LAX-NRT route but I pushed my trip back by a couple weeks and decided to do bali with my girlfriend instead of thailand. My cousin has never flown on SQ before, and has only flown one star alliance flight in his entire life- a SFO-LAX ticket in economy. The only country he has ever visited save for Mexico, is Taiwan, where I have flown him a couple times using some of my old eva miles. I told him that he would really love Singapore Air, and once he flies it, it's tough to fly anything else. As we were driving, he actually asked me what the chances of getting an upgrade to F were. I told him that it was absolutey impossible. I told him that I had never received an upgrade on an SQ flight, and I have flown 20 roundtrips between asia and the US in the past 1.5 years. But i told him he absolutely wouldn't be disappointed with seat 17K. We got to LAX a little before 12:00 noon for his 1:10 flight. I helped him with check-in at the business class check-in, since I know many of the check-in agents there very well, and he checked his bag, got his boarding pass and star alliance business class lounge pass, and i hugged him goodbye, and told him to have a wonderful time. About 30 mins ago, he called me, and said "this trip is gonna be incredible...guess what?" i said, "what?" he told him that they had approached him and asked if he wouldn't mind being upgraded to F. Apparently, there was a couple in first, who were seated apart from each other, and because my cousin and i had tickets that were directly next to each other, and I didn't fly today, that seat was the only available seat left in business. so they were willing to drop down to business and switch with my cousin, since no one in F was willing to change. My jaw dropped to the floor in absolute shock. I just got off the phone with him and he sounds so excited it really made me happy. He is just about to take off! GREAT JOB SQ! I think you have a new fan!

ps. i told him to take lots of pictures and that i would be adding to this TR for him. more to come in the next couple weeks.

Comment

This is indeed a rare opportunity and will definitely make your cousin a true believer of flying SQ. Congrats to you cousin, taipeiflyer.

By the way, kudos to you for being such a good cousin. A business class redemption ticket is indeed a great Christmas present.

Comment

thanks a lot UMD! happy new year!!

Comment

Kudos to your cousin TaipeiFlyer.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Well done on being such a generous soul taipeiflyer! And congrats to the cousin.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Great Stuff

Comment

Congrats to your cousin.

You must be everyone's favourite cousin now.

Comment

Congrats! I think this is a conspiracy to keep you flying SQ.

Comment

Congrats! He sure is a lucky guy! He should go out and buy a lottery ticket as well!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                        Congrats! He sure is a lucky guy! He should go out and buy a lottery ticket as well!
                        I would sure be happy to chip in if he is to buy a lottery ticket.

taipeiflyer, would it be possible for you to get your cousin to write a trip report? This special trip deserves a report. Also, it would be nice to see how the virgin SQ flyer like your cousin perceive SQ's First Class service.

Comment

Would love to read the report on SQ 11. It is one of my favorite routing for consistent excellent service.

Comment

hi everyone, thanks for all of the kind words. i received an email from my cousin and he said the flight was absolutely incredible. he had never really enjoyed flying before, and now he knows why- he had never flown SQ, let alone F before! he said he will do a full report when he gets back... right now he's out seing the many wonders of tokyo. i will keep everyone posted as i get pictures, etc from him.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                              Congrats! I think this is a conspiracy to keep you flying SQ.
                              it just might have worked too... it's hearing the way a first-time SQ flyer raves about the experience that reinforces just how wonderful an airline SQ is.

Comment

Working...
                              X