Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your comments of Cathay Pacific Airways?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your comments of Cathay Pacific Airways?

What are your comments of Cathay Pacific Airways? I think CPA is horrible and CPA should not be in the 5-star airlines list of Skytrax. I hate CPA . I don't know why HK people still love it. Although I am from HK, I like SIA.
    http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=...0%3a4%3a26.623
    Last edited by Singapore Airlines; 27 April 2007, 06:40 PM.

I lvoed your cx sucks site!

Comment

Some HKers adore SQ and at the same time loathe CX. Same goes for some S'poreans adoring CX and loathing SQ at the same token. Goes both ways and shows the mentality that the grass is greener on the other side. No love nor mercy for their home carrier.
      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

I personally like CX. Other than SQ, that's my preferred airline currently for either regional or long-haul travels.

With the cutbacks to the PPS, I am aiming to obtain at least MPC Silver this year to enjoy the facilities at the Wing and Pier.

Comment

my fav airlines is SQ but i think CX is one of the serious competitors.
          If only US and EU carriers could provide half of the CX service standards....
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I have to disagree with you on this one I think CX are an excellent airline. Like LukeGT I put SQ just ahead (which is why I post here and not on Cathayflyer) but after SQ I think CX are the next best airline in the world.

The wing and the pier are excellent lounges and beat the SIN SKL hand down. Their onboard service is of a slightly different style to SQ and overall I prefer SQ's style but I can easily see why people prefer CX's style. I do think SQ has a clear edge on seats and IFE but again both airlines have quite a mix so it is not always easy to compare. Food I think is fairly even although for me the BTC option on SQ is great (bit of a fussy eater me) but I think CX desserts beat SQ's by a long way. And of course the CX pyjamas are miles better than SQ's (still grieving that I left mine on the plane when I tied CX F)

Comment

While there are quite a few airlines I personally prefer to CX, I don't think CX is necessarily a 'horrible' airline either. Nice lounges, competent cabin crew and ground staff, well appointed cabins, good amenities - these are definitely the hallmarks of a decent airline.

I'd rather focus my energy and attention on the things I like than the things I dislike. JMHO.
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 April 2007, 11:26 AM.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Do you know why HK people still love Cathay? It's because Cathay is a Hong Kong based airline and they think that they should support HK based companies. I saw someone said that "Are u a Hong Konger? Then you should support local airlines!" on a forum. This is completely stupid.It doesn't mean that you can provide terrible services but charge an extremely expensive price because of you were given the best airline awards from Skytrax for a few years.
                Last edited by Singapore Airlines; 27 April 2007, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I have flown several times on CX (proud to be a traitor sometimeS ) but the service was never terrible: it was at lest very good and on some regional flights outstanding.
                  Anyway, i slightly prefer SQ over CX

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Airlines View Post
                    Do you know why HK people still love Cathay? It's because Cathay is a Hong Kong based airline and they think that they should support HK based companies.
                    I notice a lot of the posters above aren't residents of HKG. It is fair to say that Cathay, like SIA, enjoys worldwide support.
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 April 2007, 07:49 PM.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      I notice a lot of the posters above aren't residents of HKG. It is fair to say that Cathay, like SIA, enjoys worldwide support.
                      period!

Comment

flown cx and its a good airline. Cabin crew was nice but not as attentive as SQ. SQ will always be my airline

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                          SQ will always be my airline

Comment

It's all about competition

I believe it is the stiff competition between the two carriers that push both to strive for the best in hopes of outdueling the other. IMO, this is what it is all about and what makes both of them great airlines. It keeps both of them in their toes and not to slack off.

I love both of them dearly and believe they're both great. Though if I have to give an overall edge, I would give it to SQ because of the little things that matter.
                            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

great post Rejuv.
                              Completely agree with u -

Comment

Working...
                              X