SQ182 to Bandar Seri Begawan - A320

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ182 to Bandar Seri Begawan - A320

Why on some days , SQ182 to Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei) are using A320 aircrafts ?

Are they using Silkair aircraft or? But I do not see any code share Silkair flight numbers etc

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Why on some days , SQ182 to Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei) are using A320 aircrafts ?

Are they using Silkair aircraft or? But I do not see any code share Silkair flight numbers etc
    Probably wet leased due to capacity

Comment

Silkair aircraft and crew are used to operate the SQ coded flights.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        Silkair aircraft and crew are used to operate the SQ coded flights.
        But on those days using Silkair aircraft, there isn't a Silkair flight number, just SQ182.

Strange that sometimes it uses a Silkair A320 and sometimes an SQ 772 on this same flight number.

Yes, probably due to the load.

Comment

A matter of time before MI becomes SQ Regional?

Comment

Could the A320s be from Royal Brunei?

Comment

confirmed its silkair metal - as was surprised when the A320 showed up last month on my flight back to sin.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                confirmed its silkair metal - as was surprised when the A320 showed up last month on my flight back to sin.
                As I mentioned, probably capacity or a 772 goes tech

Comment

The BWN flights are operated 3x a wk with Silkair's A320 and 2x a wk with SQ's B772. All flights are operated under SQ's code (ie. Silkair crew will operate the A320s under flight number SQ182/181).
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                    The BWN flights are operated 3x a wk with Silkair's A320 and 2x a wk with SQ's B772. All flights are operated under SQ's code (ie. Silkair crew will operate the A320s under flight number SQ182/181).
                    Thanks, that's what I am wanting to get clarification on!

Comment

Check with SQ, this is their reply:

Flights SQ181 and SQ182 are operated by Singapore Airlines B777-2000 aircraft as well as SilkAir A320 aircraft (depending on the day of the week). This dual operation is due to capacity suitability and operational reasons.

So you guys were right, sometimes information on SQ Talk is quicker and more accurate than SQ themselves

Comment

Working...
                      X