Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Rumour] SQ to fly to Tel-Aviv Israel (TLV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumour] SQ to fly to Tel-Aviv Israel (TLV)

The Romour in Israel is that SQ is looking into SIN-TLV line.
    If you ask me LY (EL-AL) will not allow it, as it might harm thier TLV-BKK line.

Again Just a Romour.

It may be rather insensitive to our neighbours if SQ makes such a move.

Comment

SQ is a business not a political organization or thats what I am led to believe so, and essentially I believe that SQ is a transit airline a la Emirates, so if there is a demand from places such as Australia, and ASEAN then why not?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
        It may be rather insensitive to our neighbours if SQ makes such a move.
        Due to the already close links at a very high level on Defence/Security, that would not appear to be much of a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Due to the already close links at a very high level on Defence/Security, that would not appear to be much of a concern.
          Such ties are still very much kept "in the quiet" and never announced publically. Maybe if they did TLV as a stop-over for one of the Europe flights (not sure if that would make much of a difference though)?
          Last edited by Pinkfloyd; 27 May 2010, 04:22 PM. Reason: Spelling error....
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

oh, i wld look fwd to that! wld be able to fly direct to Holy Land!

Comment

I can only imagine what the security checks for that flight would be like!
              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                Such ties are still very much kept "in the quiet" and never announced pubically.
                I would agree they don't broadcast these links, but anyone who would be interested is very much aware of them, and that would include Governments and Defence Dept's of neighbouring countries.

Comment

deleted
                  Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                    I can only imagine what the security checks for that flight would be like!
                    It'll be horrendous if they follow the likes of El-Al.

Comment

post deleted
                      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:26 AM.

Comment

The security measures could be an Israeli government directive rather than an airline policy. As much as they're annoying and at times borderline OTT, I think those security checks are not unreasonable considering the circumstances.

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                        Not as horrendous as the questioning you'll get if you have a hint of Muslim name once you arrive.

An American ex-colleague of mine (Al- ...) was travelling with our boss and at Tel Aviv, he got stopped, questioned for an hour and then examined ... personally... He worked for a large US financial institution that has a fairly substantial operation in Israel. And to top it all off the boss was Jewish!! Suffice to say they were both absolutely livid.

If you close your eyes and talk to him, he sounds as American as anyone - all he talks about is drinking and American football.
                        And let's focus on the (rumoured) new service to TLV rather than turn this thread into a political debate please.

I for one can see the demand for this service. There's a large Jewish community in Australia and currently the only way to get to Israel is to go via BKK or HKG on QF/BA/TG/CX, and connect to an LY flight. SQ would make for a rather decent and flexible alternative, with its myriad of connecting flights to/from various Australian capital cities.
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 May 2010, 05:30 PM.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I doubt SQ is really planning to fly there.

Comment

actually, i thot one reason why El Al is not flying into SIN, despite the strong defence/security coop between the 2, is cos El Al metal will have to fly thru unfriendly air-space - which is all ard as far as SIN is concerned. that BKK is not surrounded by an Islamic countries reinforce this view. but i'll be happy to be corrected, just another rumour from another discussion

Comment

If I may ask, where about did you hear of this rumour?

Comment

Working...
                              X