Redemption upgrade to Suites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption upgrade to Suites

I noticed something interesting when I viewed my J booking (on A380) today on the SQ website:

"Redemption upgrade to Singapore Airline Suites is not available on online".

I don't travel much on the A380, so I don't know if this is a regular message.

Does this mean that upgrade to Suites is available off-line?
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

I've always understood that Suites are not available for redemption on or off line.

FLIGHT AWARDS
    Only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in First and Business Class on B777-300ER flights.
    On the A380, only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in Business Class.
    No redemption is available for the Singapore Airlines Suites.
    https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...v=-1898101575&

Comment

Originally posted by Albatross710 View Post
      I've always understood that Suites are not available for redemption on or off line.

Me too, hence my confusion. The statement I read implies that upgrade redemptions to Suites might be available off-line.

No redemption is available for the Singapore Airlines Suites.
      This does not specifically say that redemption upgrades are not available, though I suppose "redemption" covers all redemption types, upgrade or otherwise.
      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

AFAIK there are no redemptions what-so-ever for suites (upgrades, R redemptions, etc.). The only way is if there is an upgauge of metal.
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
          AFAIK there are no redemptions what-so-ever for suites (upgrades, R redemptions, etc.). The only way is if there is an upgauge of metal.
          I booked a redemption ZRH-SIN-SYD last year for travel AUG10 in F...SQ had the audacity to try and rebook me into business or via FRA...

They said 'sir it is a schedule change'...I said no time change just equip change - I expect Suites...they tried the old line we don't offer redemptions and class beyond first crap blah blah...in the end I threatened to sue.

Within minutes I was told 'no problems sir - enjoy Suites'...

Anyone else notice they are no longer using the class beyond first tag for any of the ads?

Comment

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
            I booked a redemption ZRH-SIN-SYD last year for travel AUG10 in F...SQ had the audacity to try and rebook me into business or via FRA...

They said 'sir it is a schedule change'...I said no time change just equip change - I expect Suites...they tried the old line we don't offer redemptions and class beyond first crap blah blah...in the end I threatened to sue.

Anyone else notice they are no longer using the class beyond first tag for any of the ads?
            Sounds like an attempt by a staff who was told by the manager to do so. Glad you got your seat in the suites. The old beyond the first line might have worked against SQ as those who are allowed to fly FC by their employers are not allowed in the "Beyond First cabins". For me is it is not just beyond first but beyond budget!!

Comment

They should really stop using the "class beyond first" crap as it has been two years and you don't see other airlines (i.e. QF) doing the same (although IIRC they have tried)...
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Yep

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8555

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  They should really stop using the "class beyond first" crap as it has been two years and you don't see other airlines (i.e. QF) doing the same (although IIRC they have tried)...
                  You are right - QF tried exactly the same thing with their A380 First.

They even used the same booking code "R" class but still had F and A inventory - but it was closed off. They used the term Suites as well. This lasted about 4 months. They first started opening F inventory, then A and then redemption seats for the top tier frequent flyers.

Finally they abandoned "R" class all together and it's a common fare with the 747 First. Wise move by QF...it's such shame SQ aren't doing the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X