[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SIA5390 View Post
    Interesting... So the guy serving me in the TPR had no idea what he was talking about...
    Well, jetlounge did say that Jewels were a SATS subsidiary... so the guy wasn't completely wrong, I guess? Especially if Jewels supply the chocolate through SATS in a non-retail packaging.

Comment

• Feeble Wine List

Well I'm currently in 'The Private Room' and although there is the very tasty Veuve-Cliquot La Grande Dame, there isn't any kind of red wine selection (I didn't look at the whites). There were two choices -- a chianti (I think) and an Australian Shiraz.

I had the Shiraz which was fine (a Tatachilla).

To be honest I think a Grand Cru Bordeaux might have been a bit too much to accompany the superb hamburger (one of the best I've ever eaten).

Comment

• Service?

Whilst I'm able to comment on the The Private Room, I would say the service isn't great.

I was sat at the far end and had to repeatedly seek out people to get me something to drink (nothing more dramatic than mineral water). Not really what I expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Underachiever View Post
          Whilst I'm able to comment on the The Private Room, I would say the service isn't great.

I was sat at the far end and had to repeatedly seek out people to get me something to drink (nothing more dramatic than mineral water). Not really what I expected.
          Hmmm...this is very surprising to hear. I've sat out in Siberia and ALWAYS had people checking on me constantly.
          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            Hmmm...this is very surprising to hear. I've sat out in Siberia and ALWAYS had people checking on me constantly.
            I camped out at the far end of TPR next to the new telephone booths/kids room in December and the waiters were checking up on me every half hour or so.

Admittedly I was there for 45 hours (overnighting twice at the T3 transit hotel) and managed to try out quite a bit of the menu:

Day 1 - Lunch (satay, lobster), Dinner (baked cod, chicken rice)
            Day 2 - Breakfast (waffles, pork rib prawn noodle soup), Lunch (lobster), Dinner (sweet corn and pork rib soup, hokkien noodles, fruit plate)
            Day 3 - Breakfast (fruit plate, waffles)

It was a great experience but once is probably enough! Thanks goes out to Alain De Botton for the inspiration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coathanger View Post
              I camped out at the far end of TPR next to the new telephone booths/kids room in December and the waiters were checking up on me every half hour or so.

Admittedly I was there for 45 hours (overnighting twice at the T3 transit hotel) and managed to try out quite a bit of the menu:
              How do you kill 45 hours in there?
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• 45 hours?!? That is equivalent to a marathon. Did your flight get cancelled? And you decided to near the airport on standby?

Comment

• I think Kyo+ is busy picking his jaw off the floor....and probably planning to top this near-two day marathon.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                    How do you kill 45 hours in there?
                    I just planted myself in front of the TV and watched EPL highlights and replays for most of the day while surfing the net.

I also went for the occasional walk around the terminals and visited the Butterfly Garden to stretch the legs.

The refreshed T2 SKL opened when I was there so I went to have a look as well.

Time flies when you're having fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      45 hours?!? That is equivalent to a marathon. Did your flight get cancelled? And you decided to near the airport on standby?
                      Nope this was fully intentional. I had a two-day gap between arriving from BKK and departing for CGK so decided to make the most of that red boarding pass.

I would have gone for a later flight to hit the full 48 hours but wanted to experience the new First on the retrofitted 777-300 so went with SQ956.

Comment

• Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                        I think Kyo+ is busy picking his jaw off the floor....and probably planning to top this near-two day marathon.
                        I require photographic evidence by way of the daily menu, and if possible, pictures of all items consumed, thanks

I'm hardly worried - I've logged in almost 2 days also at TPR (photographed / documented)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          I require photographic evidence by way of the daily menu, and if possible, pictures of all items consumed, thanks
                          With Compliments

Day 1

Lunch (satay, lobster)

Dinner (baked cod, chicken rice)

Comment

• Day 2

Breakfast (waffles, pork rib prawn noodle soup)

Lunch (lobster)

Dinner (sweet corn and pork rib soup, hokkien noodles, fruit plate)

Comment

• Day 3

Breakfast (fruit plate, waffles)

And just for completeness some additional items consumed

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                I'm hardly worried - I've logged in almost 2 days also at TPR (photographed / documented)
                                Thanks for the inspiration Kyo. I had originally thought it might be crazy to spend that long in any lounge but seeing your posts this thread made me reconsider.

Comment

Working...
                                X