Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost my PPS status ! When does KF G start ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my PPS status ! When does KF G start ?

Unfortunately for me my QPP status expired on 31 Jan 08 as I just missed the PPS value for requalification.

Funny thing is, my online status as of today 10 Feb still shows QPP status.
    So when do I downgrade to KF Gold status ? (Looking forward to getting the KF Gold pack as I never got one before.)
    J. my own dear wife J.

I think you get an extra month of status as a grace period after the official end of your qualification year.

EG should start immediately after your status officially expires. IIRC, your KrisFlyer membership year will revert to the non-PPS calendar. For example, my PPS qualification period ran from Jan to Jan; I got an extra month in February during which my card was still valid; then my membership year reverted to the April-April cycle which was my EG qualification period.

(My memory's fuzzy about the details, though, so I may be mistaken. )
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

So when I drop to EG, will it be one year till Feb 09 or Apr 09 ?

It'll be good if the qualification period is Apr-Apr, better timing for me.

Thanks jjpb3, I'll monitor what happens and keep everyone posted.
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
        So when I drop to EG, will it be one year till Feb 09 or Apr 09 ?
        IIRC, the equivalent for me was Apr 09 in your example.

(Caveat again about my memory. )
        Last edited by jjpb3; 11 February 2008, 02:17 AM.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

My PPS qualification year ran from Nov-Nov. In November 2007, I dropped to ES after having no Elite Qualifying miles. My ES status shows valid until November 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            My PPS qualification year ran from Nov-Nov. In November 2007, I dropped to ES after having no Elite Qualifying miles. My ES status shows valid until November 2008.
            So I think as of 1st Feb 08 I have dropped to EG (have >50000 Elite miles) already, but online it still shows me as QPP and my PPS card is still valid for any privileges till end Feb 08.

And my new qualification period is probably Feb 08 to Feb 09 then. (Doesn't matter to me at the moment cos I'm gunning for LH SEN status but I may come back to KF when I hit SEN).

Sigh, PPS status was good while it lasted; best perks were discounts in Krisshop and Changi Duty Free, access to SKL J, LHR Virgin lounge, and one SYD-SIN op-up to J.
            Pity that the PPS qualification/perk changes happened in the middle of my first year, and I am now jettisoned overboard.....

Thanks for the info jjpb3 and Savage25 !
            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

So I think as of 1st Feb 08 I have dropped to EG (have >50000 Elite miles) already, but online it still shows me as QPP and my PPS card is still valid for any privileges till end Feb 08.

And my new qualification period is probably Feb 08 to Feb 09 then. (Doesn't matter to me at the moment cos I'm gunning for LH SEN status but I may come back to KF when I hit SEN).

Sigh, PPS status was good while it lasted; best perks were discounts in Krisshop and Changi Duty Free, access to SKL J, LHR Virgin lounge, and one SYD-SIN op-up to J.
              Pity that the PPS qualification/perk changes happened in the middle of my first year, and I am now jettisoned overboard.....

Thanks for the info jjpb3 and Savage25 !
              Sorry to hear the loss of QPPS status. Although I am re-qualified until 2009, I might end up the same as you after 2009 with sub-prime starting to bite. I am pretty sure there are many like you losing their membership and some probably been QPPS/TPPS for some or many years.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                Sorry to hear the loss of QPPS status. Although I am re-qualified until 2009, I might end up the same as you after 2009 with sub-prime starting to bite. I am pretty sure there are many like you losing their membership and some probably been QPPS/TPPS for some or many years.
                Yeah, I may be joining the gang as well. HR policies are being changed with less J and more Y.

Comment

My status changed from PPS to ES online somewhere in the middle of November...even though my PPS card was valid till the end of November.

Comment

Well, actually I'm not too disappointed to lose PPS status - I realise that I'm one of those "marginal" members whom SQ wants to weed out - there are also those who dislike the changes to the PPS program and voluntarily migrate to another FFP.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm still Elite Gold for one year.
                    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Well, actually I'm not too disappointed to lose PPS status - I realise that I'm one of those "marginal" members whom SQ wants to weed out - there are also those who dislike the changes to the PPS program and voluntarily migrate to another FFP.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm still Elite Gold for one year.
                      upright man, as an Elite Gold you won't be missing too much in overall privileges. There is still lounge access and priorities in some areas. The trend we are going, PPS will probably be watered further to save further cents.

Comment

Today (15 Feb) I checked my account and SQ has finally dropped me down to Elite Gold.

(So it takes about 14 to 15 days for someone's status change to be reflected online.)
                        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Today (15 Feb) I checked my account and SQ has finally dropped me down to Elite Gold.
                          Just curious, till when is your new EG status valid till? Is it valid for 12 months from Feb08, or valid till based on your previous KrisFlyer anniversary month?

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
                            Just curious, till when is your new EG status valid till? Is it valid for 12 months from Feb08, or valid till based on your previous KrisFlyer anniversary month?
                            Its valid till 28 Feb 2009.
                            So since it starts 1 Feb 2008, it's actually valid for 13 months.
                            (The current qualifying period is also from 1 Feb 08 till 28 Feb 09, so it's actually a 13 month qualifying period for subsequent status.)
                            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                            X