MH dry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH dry ?

Not that I care at all but I read elsewhere that MH intra-Asia is now dry. Is this really true ? I can imagine a lot of others might be somewhat upset at this!

No it is not.

Then again.... clearly i don't fly MH much

Comment

Only the odd flight each other year.

From elsewhere:

The restructuring programme can't be going well. Flew from DPS to KUL this afternoon and was looking forward to a couple of glasses of wine with lunch. The IFS was very embarrassed that all regional flights are now totally dry from the 1st January. Only longhaul (Australia and Europe) have bars loaded now.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Only the odd flight each other year.

From elsewhere:
        That's news to me! Interesting if so....

Comment

There was some news report that some ex-union guy saying that the union had pushed for a no-alcohol/hijab-for-stewardess agenda for MH but the Muslim management resisted it. Presumably some will now blame the fall of MH on that decision.

Let's see how the new Shariah-compliant Rayani Airlines will fare. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35173710

Comment

they also cant load your bags to Europe...
            http://www.themalaymailonline.com/ma...hts-from-tonig

lol, what an airline!
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
              they also cant load your bags to Europe...
              http://www.themalaymailonline.com/ma...hts-from-tonig

lol, what an airline!
              For a moment I thought I was reading a satirical website.

Comment

They've backpedaled on the bag thing.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/e...n_baggage.html

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                  For a moment I thought I was reading a satirical website.
                  I also read it in total disbelief. Sure, I'll just fly off to Europe in the middle of winter wearing only this T-shirt...

Passengers also weigh quite a bit- perhaps they place a temporary ban on them too?

"We'll take your children because they're quite light. Parents are welcome to check-in as well, but you'll arrive in Europe sometime later."

Comment

So sad... but surely now MH must just be allowed to fade away into oblivion.

Hard to believe SQ and MH share the same DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      They've backpedaled on the bag thing.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/e...n_baggage.html
                      For London.... which makes them look even more stupid. Dont they know what the a380 can and can't do?

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                        For London.... which makes them look even more stupid. Dont they know what the a380 can and can't do?
                        Some aviation journalists I know (on Twitter, anyway) think that MH has some cargo contracts left and chose to prioritize those over passenger bags. One more thing to consider is that MH uses a different route to LHR than SQ (or most other airlines, for that matter) - they don't overfly Russia. They fly via Saudi Arabia and Egypt instead.

So there may be reasons why they chose to do this. Doesn't mean that it's not utterly ridiculous, but there are "reasons" beyond MH is a horribly run airline.

Comment

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                          One more thing to consider is that MH uses a different route to LHR than SQ (or most other airlines, for that matter) - they don't overfly Russia. They fly via Saudi Arabia and Egypt instead.
                          Yes, I read this elsewhere (I don't know whether it's all true or not):

MAS has been routing their flights to Europe over India, Saudi Arabia , Egypt and then up through the Med, rather than fly over Russia and Ukraine. It's a longer route than BA and SQ fly for SIN-LHR, and could very well be subject to stronger headwinds.

Comment

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post

So there may be reasons why they chose to do this.
                            There is. I've been asked by my fairly senior friends at MH not to divulge - but yes, there is another reason for this.

They're not blithering idiots as the public would like to believe. In fact, I think you'd find them thoroughly enchanting, articulate and extremely intelligent over dinner. But then again, we're all sitting behind a keyboard here in anonymity which makes it quite easy to be bold

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              There is. I've been asked by my fairly senior friends at MH not to divulge - but yes, there is another reason for this.

They're not blithering idiots as the public would like to believe. In fact, I think you'd find them thoroughly enchanting, articulate and extremely intelligent over dinner. But then again, we're all sitting behind a keyboard here in anonymity which makes it quite easy to be bold
                              Hahaha - seriously, they announce no baggage on ALL flights to Europe, then hours later they say, wait a minute, it's fine on the A380 flights. I don't care what the reason is, that is idiotic and it's an absolute PR disaster.

Comment

Working...
                              X