Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9V-STG nose-gear collapse at SIN (11OCT15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-STG nose-gear collapse at SIN (11OCT15)

Singapore Airlines A330-300 (9V-STG) suffered a collapse of the nose-gear while docked at gate A17 this morning.

The plane had arrived from Shanghai as SQ835 at 0043.
    Last edited by 9V-SPL; 11 October 2015, 10:55 AM.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Some photos:

Take a look at the damage to the nose gear door, door L1 and the engine cowling.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Here's another photo that I received earlier on

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

a bit of cellophane tape and some polish and she ought to be operating again by 2pm.

Comment

Ouch!!!

Any crew on board would get a pretty big jolt, wouldn't they? Would it be a sudden movement or slowed by the landing gear collapsing down as it's intended to (only not when on the ground)?

Either way, I'd be guessing a lot of people in T3 would have heard an A330 hit the tarmac...

Comment

More photos from Facebook (Roman Ahmmed Rohan)

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Ouch!!!

Any crew on board would get a pretty big jolt, wouldn't they? Would it be a sudden movement or slowed by the landing gear collapsing down as it's intended to (only not when on the ground)?

Either way, I'd be guessing a lot of people in T3 would have heard an A330 hit the tarmac...
              She arrived just past midnight and the landing gear collapsed this morning, so I suppose there was no one on board.

She was scheduled to fly SQ832 later this afternoon to PVG at 1245.

According to Channel NewsAsia, there was one engineer onboard but he was not hurt. Collapse happened at around 8am.

Comment

There were no passengers or crew on board at the time, said SIA. At the time of the collapse, which happened around 8am, one engineer was on the aircraft but was not hurt, added the airline.
                That must be one very heavy engineer

Comment

will be interesting to find out the cause and esp if someone was in the flight deck at that time. Seems the aerobridge also suffered some damage and what looks like the plane's door 1L have been detached and lodged in the front end of the aerobridge.

Comment

Any idea how long it will be out for? Just by looking at the damage I assume 1 to 2 months. Also, will they have to pull a 772 from VCV to fill up the gap or do they have enough spare capacity?
                    Last edited by shikhargpt; 11 October 2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Hmm, wonder how did this happen. Nose gear collapsed while aircraft is at the gate?
                      Would like to think this is not common

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
                        That must be one very heavy engineer
                        Care to explain the physics behind what you said?

Cause I was thinking if the engineer just so happened to be at the back of the plane, I doubt he/she would experience the full force of the impact right?

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                          She arrived just past midnight and the landing gear collapsed this morning, so I suppose there was no one on board.

She was scheduled to fly SQ832 later this afternoon to PVG at 1245.

It was supposed to operate the 730am flight to HKG. Hence the incident should have occurred much earlier than 8am.
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                            It was supposed to operate the 730am flight to HKG. Hence the incident should have occurred much earlier than 8am.
                            Source? CNA said collapse occured around 8 AM, and if there was only one engineer aboard it couldn't possibly have been scheduled to board pax for that flight, right?

Comment

Notice the staircase just in front of the aircraft? Well, there is no need for any staircase unless some engineering crew needed to access the front landing gear bay, so I suspect something was being done to the landing gear. Was it a fault reported by the flight crew earlier? Did they do something wrong during the maintenance work that caused the collapse?

They need to fix the landing gear, plus the structural supports, the door and adjacent fuselage, the fuselage just in front of the landing gear, check the integrity of all those, plus the engine cowlings. The engine pylons and mounts on the wing will also need work plus etc .... Then the series of test / checks flights. May take a while.

I have been on STA, STB, STC, STD, STE, STH, STK, and a few later ones but have never been on STG.
                              Last edited by Russ; 11 October 2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X