Upgrade offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade offer

Received this offer to upgrade my flight. Pardon me if it's discussed before but it seems to be happen to me or anyone else I know for the first time, Emirates style. Is this something new or has happened before?

Excerpts from the email

We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to upgrade your travel to Business Class, at a special rate, on your upcoming flight:

Booking Reference:

Experience Singapore Airlines' Business Class for SGD 475 one-way, per person. *Terms and conditions apply.

To take up this limited offer:
    1. Call (+65) 6789 8188 and key in your 10-digit KrisFlyer membership number.
    2. Let our customer service officer know that you would like to take up our "Economy-to-Business-Class" offer.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard Singapore Airlines.

Warmest Regards,
    Bryan Koh
    Senior Manager E-Commerce
    Singapore Airlines Limited

Which route was this? Not SIN-KUL, I hope

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Which route was this? Not SIN-KUL, I hope
      Sin - hkg

Comment

Probably a new initiative to get additional revenue on flights overbooked in Economy?
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Sounds like a useful initiative, if they get the price of the upgrade right. I would be very happy to get this kind of paid upgrade offer from SQ via email.

AF had a similar initiative when I flew them to Europe a couple of years back.

QF also offers paid upgrades to PY or J at check-in. QF also has a standby upgrade mechanism (using FF points) where you register for a points upgrade via their website, at if there is space available at the time of your flight (a day or so before, more in advance if you are a premium FF), this will trigger the upgrade.

Apart from paid upgrades, I hope SQ is exploring how KF point upgrades can also be done at check-in if space is available.

Comment

Would be nice for me, not so nice for super elites

Comment

Is this only for fully-flexi tickets ? Not sure if they apply to those saver tickets eg minimum 2-to-go Y tickets ?

Comment

Anyone else had this yet? It's a couple of months until I fly next with SQ...
                FlyStayTravel.com - Asian Based Travel and Frequent Flyer Blog

Comment

CX is doing something similar but with bidding system.

Comment

Dear all, just completed my flight few days back. It doesn't seem to be based on overbooking as the outgoing flight has only few business class seats occupied, easily J class loads are not more than 20%.

I guess it's only on flexi tickets which i am on.

Comment

Originally posted by b777jubilee View Post
                      Dear all, just completed my flight few days back. It doesn't seem to be based on overbooking as the outgoing flight has only few business class seats occupied, easily J class loads are not more than 20%.

I guess it's only on flexi tickets which i am on.
                      How about economy? Is it full?
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                        How about economy? Is it full?
                        60%-70% load

Comment

Not sure how they're targeting the passengers as I've paid for the cheapest tickets and received the same offer via email too. But it's only for sin-hkg leg.

Just a lowly ordinary of member.

Comment

Maybe it's a source of extra revenue that SQ is trialling on SIN-HKG, instead of having empty J seats.

Comment

On SIN-HKG on a Flexi E fare it seems a tad expensive (475$) for my taste. I wouldn't be a buyer. YMMV

Comment

Working...
                              X