Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    You ask the right questions but you could give your answers a second try:

SQ can stick to 8 seats or follow CX to put 6 seats in the same space. They have opted to be able to sell up to 2 seats more and that makes economic sense.

The A380 will see F: not immediately but SQ has waived Suites goodbye already. They eating up ways too much space and are not able to fetch a premium. My guess is that the current Suites space will become Y and F will be 8 seats on the upper deck.
    oh? i didn't know the A380s will be getting this F product. I didn't hear any mention of it.

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
    Emirates economy is definitely not the newest. Newest has 12.1" touchscreen tv.
    Wow, how do they fit that into the back of the seat! but one can't deny that the width of the seat in their 777 is indeed narrower due to 3-4-3 config
    Last edited by bent; 11 July 2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Sorry, misread post.

Comment

• For those wondering, seatmap is identical to the current 77Ws. 8F, 42C, 228Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          He did say something about that being like smart phones but I didn't catch the exact words. The new handsets for the IFE look more like smart phones than IFE controls. The screen on them is huge compared to earlier versions.
          That's indeed a big jump from the current economy seat. Let's hope that the handset screen is made of gorilla glass

Cheers

Comment

• All right, have finally seen the final products! A very pleasant evening, courtesy of Singapore Airlines!

First Class:

Let's start with the bad news: SQ is not increasing anything. The space they occupy today for F will be the space they occupy tomorrow. SQ will still have the smallest F cabin of all international competitors. Standard seat pitch is 82" in First Class. SQ is doing 10" less. If you ask the senior staff around: no comment. You will still have to sleep diagonally and if you measure from one corner to the opposite corner, you get 82". That's pathetic. Big

The good news: They have actually improved a lot of things and invested a lot of time to improve F.

Sit down and they seat is ways more comfortable than the current F. They angled the seat cushion a bit and the padding is very comfortable. All the finishings are high-end and don't look fake like the current finishings. Big like!

Once in bed mode, they have improved the bed padding and put a mattress on top: Very comfortable. Now both row 1 and 2 get the same space: The headroom is accross the whole seat and the footroom is slightly narrower due to a box on the right hand side.

My feedback to them: Bring back overhead lockers on the sides. I doesn't impact the feeling of space and you don't have to put your luggage in front of you where you get less space to begin with.

Business Class:

Very well done. Better seat padding, more choices how you wanna seat. The whole seat concept is more cozy. They also improved the bed padding a lot. A 2 cm thick comforter is now attached to the bed: very nice! All the unnecessary leather is gone and the whole concept is great. HD video screen in the best quality ever. Only thing that is not perfect: When you are seated, you don't have a lot legroom. In the lazy positions you have actually very limited room there. Taller person will prefer the sundeck mode and use the foothole.

The bulkhead seats will get a fix bench, no more up and down for departure and arrival: Those seats will be the very best business seats you have ever seen on SQ. The space difference to First Class will be very minimal.

Economy Class:

Very comfortable, great head rest, more than enough leg room.

IFE:

They are very proud of this. Lots of gimmicks and a clean-cut Apple-like environment. My biggest like: the one button at your seat that turns off the TV.

My feedback to them: Given how great the bulkhead seats are, reserve them for your most loyal customers. I told them I would actually pay a surcharge for the seats.

Comment

• ex-SIN there are now promo YCL fares to LHR valid for travel ex-SIN by 30 Sep - should be able to get a chance on the new YCL seats by then?

Hopefully there are no delays to the aircraft arrival.

Comment

• Some more good news: While Suites might actually get replaced at some point in time and that solution might be placed on the upper deck, it will not be the product shown today.

I did not get an answer on the funny rotation for 77W coming up, where the aircraft seems to be sitting on the ground for 23 hours. Only confirmation: it won't be New York.

There will be only 2 77W delivered this year, third one coming up in April of 2014. LHR might be the only destination in 2013. They are confident to send the bird there in September.

Comment

• Some pictures from today's launch event:

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by StarG; 13 July 2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks for posting, StarG. Hope you had a good evening.

Comment

• All: Thanks for the great coverage of this launch. I haven't even bothered to read any of the other news sources or SQ's own website. All I need to know is here!

Hope to post a review from row 31 and beyond at some point in the future...

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              Thanks for posting, StarG. Hope you had a good evening.
                              Had good food and great company.

Comment

• this what makes me sad of this J part, like its predecessors,
                                squeeze your leg to this loophole , sleep diagonally and dont move..

Comment

Working...
                                X