Ooh, $40 worth of 'Changi Dollar Vouchers' for transit pax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooh, $40 worth of 'Changi Dollar Vouchers' for transit pax

Singapore Airlines and SilkAir customers transiting in Singapore have more to look forward to with the enhancement of the recently introduced Changi Transit Programme.

For a limited period from now until 30 June 2013, eligible customers will receive $40 worth of Changi Dollar Vouchers (CDVs) per ticket – double the amount since the Changi Transit Programme began on 1 October 2012.

To qualify for the CDVs, customers must travel on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir on both their inbound and outbound flights, with a 13-digit e-ticket receipt number beginning with 618 or 629.

The CDVs are valid for one-time use at more than 450 retail, food and service outlets in the transit and public areas of Terminals 1, 2 and 3, excluding outlets in the Arrival Baggage Claim Halls. They can also be redeemed for one-time access to the Ambassador Transit Lounge at Terminals 2 and 3 for up to six hours.

Services at the lounge include showers, light refreshments, free flow of non-alcoholic beverages, and a wide range of reading materials. Travellers can also look forward to amenities such as airport-wide complimentary WiFi, movie theatres and themed gardens while transiting at Changi Airport, where a convenient Skytrain transport system in both the transit and public areas provides easy access to all three terminals.

Mr Sheldon Hee, Singapore Airlines’ Senior Manager Marketing Communications and Development, said, “With the launch of the enhanced Changi Transit Programme, our transit customers will be able to experience more of what Changi Airport has to offer. In addition, by presenting their CDVs in conjunction with their Singapore Airlines or SilkAir boarding pass at participating stores, they will be able to enjoy even more privileges and discounts under the Boarding Pass Privileges Programme.”

To collect their CDVs, eligible customers should present both their electronic ticket and boarding pass of their Singapore-bound flight at any of the seven Information Counters in the transit areas of Terminals 2 and 3. The CDVs are issued while stocks last and will expire on 31 March 2014. Terms and conditions apply for the enhanced Changi Transit Promotion. After 30 June 2013, eligible customers transiting in Singapore will receive $20 worth of CDVs, under the original Changi Transit Programme, which will continue until 31 March 2014.

My flight next month through SIN's e-ticket begins with 618!

(I don't really feel that exclusive, but $40 each way is pretty good news)

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      It will do if it's an SQ ticket. What this does is exclude those who have tickets on SQ booked via other FFP's.

Comment

Very nice, now how do I plan a trip around this

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          It will do if it's an SQ ticket. What this does is exclude those who have tickets on SQ booked via other FFP's.
          It also excludes someone with (e.g.) a R-class tix to/from Singapore but whose ticket happens to be issued by another airline because the first segment is a short connecting flight. I can imagine such a pax wouldn't be best pleased despite the amount of revenue flowing into SQ's coffers compared to (e.g.) a cheapo ex-BKK on SQ stock!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            It also excludes someone with (e.g.) a R-class tix to/from Singapore but whose ticket happens to be issued by another airline because the first segment is a short connecting flight. I can imagine such a pax wouldn't be best pleased despite the amount of revenue flowing into SQ's coffers compared to (e.g.) a cheapo ex-BKK on SQ stock!
            Not all R LHR bound class pax coming from a short connecting flight actually paid a whole lot

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

(I don't really feel that exclusive, but $40 each way is pretty good news)
              Interesting.
              The same promotion from DownUnder's T&C states:
              4. A S$40 Changi Dollar Voucher may only be claimed once for each ticket issued, either on the outgoing or the return leg of the itinerary.

Oops!! Sorry SQ228, I should have checked your location before posting. While I was reading, I simply thought that SQ might offer different T&C based on the country. No harm intended.
              Last edited by sushiinSYD; 8 January 2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Any minimum spend? Guess I'm eligible for a few vouchers

Comment

Just found this
                  Terms and Conditions

- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir tickets must be issued between 1 October 2012 - 15 March 2014
                  - Travel period: 1 October 2012 - 31 March 2014
                  - Changi Dollar Vochers' validity period: Date of issue - 31 March 2014
                  - Customers must be travelling from Bangladesh, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the US and Vietnam.
                  - The CDVs can only be claimed once per passenger.
                  - Mono-Singapore passengers are not eligible for CDVs.
                  - Other terms and conditions apply

Comment

Originally posted by sushiinSYD View Post
                    Interesting.
                    The same promotion from DownUnder's T&C states:
                    4. A S$40 Changi Dollar Voucher may only be claimed once for each ticket issued, either on the outgoing or the return leg of the itinerary.

Oops!! Sorry SQ228, I should have checked your location before posting. While I was reading, I simply thought that SQ might offer different T&C based on the country. No harm intended.
                    No worries, I am in Australia.

Well this is getting complex with what Danger UXB just posted.

I'm flying from home (MEL) to DEL via SIN. Clearly I won't get vouchers in both directions, but it could be that I'm not eligible at all. Also, the entire ticket is a redemption, so it wouldn't surprise me if that could be one of the "other" terms and conditions. Guess I'll find out at the desk in T2 next month!

Comment

I'm flying on 25-1-13 with the correct 618 e ticket (redemption ticket) but out of MEL so according to the T+C's I should not get one. But I'll give it ago. Also I wonder if you can use it at the duty free?
                      Last edited by Danger UXB; 9 January 2013, 09:40 AM. Reason: missed some information in previous post

Comment

Originally posted by Danger UXB View Post
                        Just found this
                        Terms and Conditions

- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir tickets must be issued between 1 October 2012 - 15 March 2014
                        - Travel period: 1 October 2012 - 31 March 2014
                        - Changi Dollar Vochers' validity period: Date of issue - 31 March 2014
                        - Customers must be travelling from Bangladesh, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the US and Vietnam.
                        - The CDVs can only be claimed once per passenger.
                        - Mono-Singapore passengers are not eligible for CDVs.
                        - Other terms and conditions apply
                        Can I ask you where you find this info?
                        What I found was on SQ's "Flight specials from Australia to Singapore and beyond".
                        From that;
                        Who is eligible?
                        All customers transiting in Singapore, whose inbound and outbound flights are on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir (with the 13-digit e-ticket receipt number beginning with 618 or 629).

Terms & Conditions
                        1. Only effective for tickets issued on 01 October 2012 – 30 June 2013, both dates inclusive.
                        2. Only effective for transit in Singapore on 01 January 2013 – 30 June 2013, both dates inclusive.
                        3. S$40 Changi Dollar Vouchers are valid from date of issue to 31 March 2014.
                        5. Multiple vouchers may be used for payment.
                        6. Vouchers may not be used with ongoing in-store promotions.
                        7. Vouchers can be used in conjunction with Singapore Airlines Boarding Pass Privileges.

From above info, my understanding is anyone flying from Aus should receive only one CDV.

Anyhow, I am flying on 19 Jan 2103 SYD/SIN/FUK, e-ticket with 618 (paid). I will report that including whether CDV can be used for duty free.

Comment

Originally posted by sushiinSYD View Post
                          Anyhow, I am flying on 19 Jan 2103 SYD/SIN/FUK, e-ticket with 618 (paid). I will report that including whether CDV can be used for duty free.
                          Looking forward to hearing the outcome!

Comment

Got the info here
                            http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...ogramme-th.jsp

But on closer examination I think it is old t and c

Comment

What's "Mono-Singapore passenger"?

Comment

Working...
                              X