SpaceBeds increasingly appearing on BKK flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpaceBeds increasingly appearing on BKK flights

Nothing to get excited about I know with it only being 2 hours but I have now had a SpaceBed bird on three of my last four flights to or from BKK.

As these are unlikely to be around too much longer there is a bit of nostalgia for me personally as I seem to live on these things when MAN was daily with them and all SGN flights were the same. In fact the aircraft I came down from BKK on SQ979 on Saturday holds partciularly fond memories for me. I came in to T2 from SGN years ago (pre T3 days) and realised when I got to the SKL I had lost a couple of US$50 notes, but as it was after a Friday night out in Saigon I presumed that explained it, lost or spent in some bar in the early hours. When I left to board my flight to MAN I realised it was the same gate so same aircraft. I also had 11K again so after getting to my seat I thought 'I wonder...' and had a good look around and after pulling up the seat and looking down lo and behold there was my US$100.

Since they were pulled from HKG and AMS, I think SQ was wondering where to send them. Might make a run to BKK or MNL one of these days for that dose of nostalgia

Comment

As of September 13, the 772ERs are back onto AMS again.

Mostly they seem to have been picking up BKK and MNL flights according to the records.

9V-SVK has been out of action for 2 weeks though- could it be the first refurb maybe?

Comment

Can't find any SpaceBed flights for BKK this Nov?

Comment

I been flying on the afternoon flight and evening flight from BKK and both were the old plane, with no space beds, in the past two months.

Comment

I got my seat booking for end sept changed by the system automatically, it seems they are changing the morning flights to a different aircraft from the SQ series, anyone heard anything?

Comment

SpaceBeds again on yesterday's SQ979 from BKK.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                SpaceBeds again on yesterday's SQ979 from BKK.
                Seems SQ979 is to be operated by the retrofitted 772s when I checked for flights in Nov

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  Seems SQ979 is to be operated by the retrofitted 772s when I checked for flights in Nov
                  It certainly wasn't yesterday. That's four of my last five to/from BKK on SpaceBeds.

Comment

Some things I noted when I checked the new PDF timetable the other day-

CAI loses 772ER and gains A330, ATH terminates in a couple of weeks entirely, FCO reduces from 3 to 2 772ER per week.

PER loses all remaining A330 and 773 flights and will increase to 4 daily 772 flights, from end of October, possibly all 72A, or maybe a mix of 72A and 772ER.

The current daily PER 772 flight is consistently 72A, as is the alternating day 772 flight that's 3 days a week a 773.

This could mean a lot more 772ERs freed up for destinations more local to SIN and much more need for 72As elsewhere.
                    Last edited by SQ228; 3 October 2012, 04:42 PM. Reason: connectivity disruption

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

PER loses all remaining A330 and 773 flights and will increase to 4 daily 772 flights, from end of October, possibly all 72A, or maybe a mix of 72A and 772ER.

This could mean a lot more 772ERs freed up for destinations more local to SIN and much more need for 72As elsewhere.
                      My booking for SQ214 this Dec clearly shows a 72A, and I believe it also operates the other 3 daily flights.

MNL seems to be getting the 77Es, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X