christchurch to manchester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christchurch to manchester

am booked to do this trip in 4th April in business class first time on Singapore air would like to know

1) What meal service on both legs.

2) Do you have to deplane at Munich 1hr stop, if yes can you take any duty free purchased though the security check.

3) Is there enough time to visit the lounge.

4) have booked 14D to Singapore hoping that its the 777-200er, and 11A on the Singapore to Manchester leg, any comments on these welcome.

Thank you in anticipation and have a good day.

johnboy, welcome to SQ Talk.

1)
    CHC to SIN - 2 meals (Lunch & Light Meal)
    SIN to MUC - 2 meals (Supper & Breakfast)
    MUC to MAN - Refreshment

2)
    Leave it to MANFlyer to answer..

3)
    Again let's leave it for MANFlyer

4)
    CHC to SIN - refurbished 772
    Seat 11D/11F/12A/12C/12H/12K & all seats of row 17 should give you plenty of legroom

SIN-MUC-MAN- 77W (Boeing 777-300ER)
    11A is a good choice, most people here loved that seat, including MANFlyer and SQflyergirl

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, johnboy.

To answer your questions:

1) Can't comment on CHC-SIN but sample menu for SIN-MUC-MAN is here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=503

2) You used to have to but thankfully they changed this in September to allow you to stay on board. Having said that, it is officialy a trial or 'under review' so they may change it back. It was a pain getting off to be honest as you had to go all around the terminal and re-clear security.

3) As you shouldn't have to get off it doesn't matter but yes there was enough time to visit the LH lounge.

4) Good seats, especially on SIN-MAN. 11A/K (aka 3A/K on here...) are the best seats in J on the 77W. There are some who also like 14A/K but having done SQ327 MAN-SIN in 14K last week, it reinforced my belief that if you want to sleep (as I did having a meeting when I arrived) it may be worth taking a seat elsewhere with less space. Other may (probably will... ) disagree.

If 11A/K becomes available for CHC-SIN I would grab one of those.
      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 10 January 2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

feb01mel and MAN flyer thanks for all the information.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          If 11A/K becomes available for CHC-SIN I would grab one of those.
          Sorry, duff info here as feb01mel advises CHC is now a refurbed 772 and not a 772ER with SpaceBeds, like it used to be. That being so, ignore my comment above as it is for the 772ER's and note feb01mel's advice. I haven't flown on a refurbed bird so can't offer advice for seats on those.
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 10 January 2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I flew SQ327 Manchester > Singapore 13th December. I had to leave the aircraft and wait in the terminal. The staff didn't let people stay on the plane at all. But i didn't have to go through security again. I just sat at the gate for a while.

But my relieves flew SQ328 Singapore > Manchester and they stayed onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              I flew SQ327 Manchester > Singapore 13th December. I had to leave the aircraft and wait in the terminal. The staff didn't let people stay on the plane at all. But i didn't have to go through security again. I just sat at the gate for a while.

But my relieves flew SQ328 Singapore > Manchester and they stayed onboard.
              Yep, all correct.

They could allow us to stay onboard outbound as well but figure, rightly imho, that as we don't have to go through secuirty again then people don't mind getting off.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Yep, all correct.

They could allow us to stay onboard outbound as well but figure, rightly imho, that as we don't have to go through secuirty again then people don't mind getting off.
                Do we have to deplane with luggage too?

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
                  Do we have to deplane with luggage too?
                  You do indeed.

Comment

Working...
                  X