Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Nippon - Good things in small packages: a TR on the A320 (TPE-NRT in NH J)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Nippon - Good things in small packages: a TR on the A320 (TPE-NRT in NH J)

Hello SQTalk. Just thought I'd share this with you. I've seen lots of NH TR's on the 77W, 744, and I'm sure with the new "Business stagger" and "First Square", we'll see even more super reports on those.

What is a little bit rarer are reports on the narrowbodies flying regionally. I suppose they're rarer because savvy travellers like yourselves tend to avoid the NH A320's for obvious reasons. I was pretty dreading this but didn't have a choice so here goes!

Bright and early off the 2060 airbus from the grand hyatt - T2 is pretty messy this time of the morning. I get my bp and head straight to the SKL. NH uses the BR lounge, which is also messy - hence my choice of something familiar . 1A for me!

The bird waiting for me at D10 is JA206A - with 20 J seats and 100ish Y seats. A very nice way to configure a narrowbody. Frankly, planes are as comfortable or as uncomfortable as an airline makes them. Gimme one of these any day over a 853 seat A380.

Legroom in row 1

Other cabin shots. I took lots of shots cause there were only 3 of us in J

Factory approved spec SQFG foot shot

Recline and footrest controlled manually, although the seat itself was pretty comfy
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 5 November 2010, 09:52 AM.

Pushback is on time, thanks to a low load.

I look out and notice JL also flying a few narrowbodies to TPE

Entertainment:

NH has a funny solution to this: You get a portable player that's stowed in a compartment in the seat

This lever releases the unit

Packed in a cover

Which when you open, looks like an overgrown PSP

Mount like so on the bracket:

Plug in the power, and off you go!

Movie selection was pretty small, and the volume and brightness could have been higher, I have to say.

Comment

There are overhead monitors, and they're used for the moving map displays.

My japanese is crap, but if i'm not wrong, that says we're going at 1035km/h Not bad for a tiny airbii

Of course, the good thing about all of this is that PA's don't interrupt your entertainment

Comment

Food!

Ah - i just love the way the japanese package goods:

This adorable package contained some rice crackers. Not much by way of taste, but this was just SO cute

They hand out a generic menu, which covers the last quarter of 2010

I'm having the sukiyaki today that's for sure

Almost too pretty to eat!, but I did, and it was pretty tasty

Comment

After 2 hours 35 on the clock, it's time to land. NRT is a plane spotter's heaven. The runway we've just vacated has 4-5 more arrivals as we back track along the parallel taxiway. The amount of traffic is just amazing.

With this many JL tails, we've gotta be in Japan!

Finally - we pull into T1 - close to this bird. Very fond memories of my TK ride last year!

Comment

Cheers for the TR, SQfg! The meal sure looks good for such a short-haul (sure beats any inter-Europe flight!!!!)!
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Great TR sqfg! Lovely to see a narrowbody TR on NH.

Comment

Thoughts

I know this was a narrowbody, but configured like this - it sure helps in the comfort stakes. I'm not sure why this particular flight wasn't popular, but i suspect it's because of the newer NH TSA-HND service, which if you were going point to point would make more sense.

All in all, very pleasantly surprised though - crew was typical NH standards, polite and efficient. If every flight I had was like this, I'd be a happy girl

Comment

Very nice product. Such a nicer configuration on a narrow body than Qantas 737-800's I just reported on.

The food looks marvelous too!

Thanks for the report!!
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Now we've got 2 (two) sexy things here.... My lucky day.... Sweeeeeeet....
                    Nice shoots...

Btw, awesome TR from our Grand Dame SQFG....

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                      Cheers for the TR, SQfg! The meal sure looks good for such a short-haul (sure beats any inter-Europe flight!!!!)!
                      Yeah, the European carrier that can actually go against this trend (and I mean in a regular way, not the odd long haul a/c substitution story) would probably get a leg up on its' competitors - proper meals and proper J seating instead of the prevalent euroJ style which is not much more than a 1000 euro newspaper.

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                      Great TR sqfg! Lovely to see a narrowbody TR on NH.
                      Thanks

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                      Very nice product. Such a nicer configuration on a narrow body than Qantas 737-800's I just reported on.

The food looks marvelous too!

Thanks for the report!!
                      Thanks. Yeah I saw your report. huge difference between 38 and 50 inches.

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                      Now we've got 2 (two) sexy things here.... My lucky day.... Sweeeeeeet....
                      Nice shoots...
                      Glad you enjoyed the shots of the boarding pass and safety card! , although I'm not sure they're particularly sexy, since they haven't got much colour in them.

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                      Btw, awesome TR from our Grand Dame SQFG....
                      Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the awesome TR. I've only tried the A320 on AC and US, so an NH one looks pretty luxurious. Delicious looking meal too, btw.

Comment

I actually flew this aircraft ICN-NRT during the typhoon and the chaos. They sold all seats as whY, but the kind NH Ticket Agents got me in the C section since I had a cancelled UA F ticket. Loved it for the short flight. Lesson reiterated: UA & UA F SUCKS!

Didn't take any pics as the storm was causing all kinds of problems. Didn't notice the cool personal video player, but have to admit, I didn't look for it either.

Great review! Glad someone was able to document it!

...the grand hyatt...
                          Ahhh...how was the haunted mansion?

I get my bp and head straight to the SKL. NH uses the BR lounge, which is also messy - hence my choice of something familiar .
                          Don't you love how the F section is now a wall?
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
                            ________
                            Ferrari 375 F1 History
                            Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

ah, i see some of us got the 5001st wish

thks for the TR; i wld imagine the external portable IFE quite a bother, didnt you find so?

Comment

Working...
                              X