Express TR: To TPE with SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Express TR: To TPE with SQ

Greetings, just thought i'd to an express TR on my trip to TPE with SQ, and to pass the time waiting for my flight to SYD

SQ878
    B777-200

I arrived an Changi with plenty time to spare, so I could take my own sweet time after checking-in. Arriving at T2 I lined up to check-in, and when it was my turn the staff told me I went to the wrong terminal, it departs from T3 . So I hopped on the Skytrain there. Darn, guess I should have checked my ticket At this time T3 has more people than I thought. But thankfully lines were not too long. I went browsing around the stores there and at 1130 I was at the gate.

Boarding was called first for the C pax, PPS and other pax with priority boarding, but I saw some other passengers joining the queue to board already, without being stopped . Once onboard I took the window seat at the back which I've chosen during OLCI. The flight was quite empty, so everyone (almost) had an empty seat next to him/her. No warm towels served on this flight As we pushback I spotted this Megatop looking all lonely, perhaps she's leaving the fleet soon.

Before takeoff the captain (Australian i presume) announced bad weather along the journey, and at TPE it may be raining. We lifted off at exactly 1231. First FAs served drinks. For this sector they'd usually be in a hurry to serve passengers, but due to the very light load there's no rush. I had some tea and settled of the IFE. Luckily the IFE aboard this 772 is AVOD. I heard of some 777s that don't have the AVOD, have they left the fleet?

Due to the rough weather meal service was somewhat affected so the FAs had to delay the service.

I fell asleep but 2 passengers behind me were very very noisy . I couldn't take it anymore so I requested a seat-change. I chose an overwing seat. 39000ft above the Philippines meals were finally served. As far as I could remember I had fried rice or rice with chicken (I forgot). Still groggy from my sleep I woke up when we were near Taipei. And yes it was raining at TPE

Touchdown at 1705, 10 mins behind schedule. Marking an end to this flight. Overall it was an enjoyable flight, FAs were indeed very friendly and helpful. Food could be improved though. Thanks for reading this express TR

Originally posted by First_Flyer View Post

No warm towels served on this flight
    No hot towels?? That is unforgivable! Unless SQ has launched another round of cost-cutting...
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I think those 777's have gone to BG. 2 of them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        No hot towels?? That is unforgivable! Unless SQ has launched another round of cost-cutting...
        Yes, no towels offered at all! (For Y only I guess). Don't know if it's normal now or either they're only given out for longer sectors.

Comment

Yes, no towels offered at all! (For Y only I guess). Don't know if it's normal now or either they're only given out for longer sectors.
          AFAIK, hot towels are supposed to be given out even in Y for all sectors, except SIN-KUL. In your situation, it was definitely not normal. Anyone can confirm if SQ really did remove hot towels on from certain sectors?
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I was on SQ878 in November, and hot towels were offered...
            The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

Was on SQ878 last week. Hot towels were offered to everyone. Not sure when your TR took place, but the meal choices last week were fish and pork.

What has changed in Y since a couple of months ago is that paper towels are no longer available in the lavatories. These are replaced by the usual tissue paper that fall into bits when you wipe your wet hands with it. So what you have now are 2 dispensers with tissue, although one of it still says "paper-towel".

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                Was on SQ878 last week. Hot towels were offered to everyone. Not sure when your TR took place, but the meal choices last week were fish and pork.

What has changed in Y since a couple of months ago is that paper towels are no longer available in the lavatories. These are replaced by the usual tissue paper that fall into bits when you wipe your wet hands with it. So what you have now are 2 dispensers with tissue, although one of it still says "paper-towel".
                My trip was rather unusual. I can remember a passenger asking the FA about the meal choices and how come it's different and the FA said due to some supply problems of meals at Changi. But i can remember there really weren't any towels offered

Comment

Working...
                X