No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ318|24JAN (SIN-LHR) operated by 9V-SWV is delayed due to a tyre issue.
    STD: 1250
    ETD: 1430

SQ866|24JAN (SIN-HKG) operated by 9V-SWO is delayed due to a technical issue with the plane.
    STD: 1305
    ATD: 1405

Comment

• SQ032|28JAN (SIN-SFO) originally operated by 9V-SMS is delayed as a catering truck hit one of the aircraft door. 9V-SMP will be the replacement aircraft.

STD: 0920
      ETD: 1040
      ATD: 1153
      Last edited by Not You; 1 February 2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• SQ051|29JAN (IAH-MAN) operated by 9V-SMN diverted to London Heathrow due to heavy snow at Manchester.

SQ052|30JAN (SIN-MAN) operated by 9V-SMT diverted to Amsterdam due to heavy snow at Manchester.

Comment

• SQ217|30JAN (9V-SKG) is currently on the tarmac in ADL due to storms in MEL. No information yet as to when we head off as ADL aren't even sure where to park an A380.

Update: they are trying to refuel and get back out before curfew. If successful, SQ218|31JAN might get away with only a delay of an hour or so.
          Last edited by SQ228; 30 January 2019, 08:10 PM. Reason: Live update

Comment

• SQ612 | 1 FEB (SIN-ICN) is delayed for 2 hours possibly due to a technical problem. The aircraft operating this route will be SWI from SQ11.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              SQ612 | 1 FEB (SIN-ICN) is delayed for 2 hours possibly due to a technical problem. The aircraft operating this route will be SWI from SQ11.
              SQ612|01FEB (SIN-ICN) was originally supposed to be operated by 9V-SWK but due to a fault with the plane they had to swap the aircraft to 9V-SWI resulting in the delay.

STD: 0230
              ATD: 0505

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                SQ612|01FEB (SIN-ICN) was originally supposed to be operated by 9V-SWK but due to a fault with the plane they had to swap the aircraft to 9V-SWI resulting in the delay.

STD: 0230
                ATD: 0505
                At that bank of the night, usually SQ612 is served by the frame that does SQ242 from SYD. But anyway, SQ611 still has an on-time departure and arrival from ICN.

Comment

• SQ868|01FEB (SIN-HKG) is delayed due to a fault necessitating an aircraft change. 9V-SQM will be operating this flight instead.

STD: 1955
                  ETD: 2215
                  Last edited by Not You; 2 February 2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• SQ246|02FEB (BNE-SIN) delayed by approximately 2 hours. Nothing to do with the plane or SQ in any way, rather a complete lock down of the international terminal due to a man threatening his family in the food court with a knife and claiming he would detonate a bomb at a remote location. He's now dealing with the federal police.

Comment

• Why was SQ921 from MNL to SIN delayed for 2hrs ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bishop9011 View Post
                        Why was SQ921 from MNL to SIN delayed for 2hrs ?
                        It's customary to give the date of the delayed flight if you want a meaningful answer. It's a daily flight and we're not mindreaders.

Looking at flight records, SQ921 is frequently delayed by 1-2 hours, yet the corresponding inbound flights are almost always on time. I don't think the 773 fleet is that unreliable that they have technical issues that often. Far more likely that MNL itself is the problem.

Comment

• SQ308 SIN-LHR | 3FEB19 | 9V-SKR took off almost 2.5 hours late at 11:34 (STD: 09:10)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            It's customary to give the date of the delayed flight if you want a meaningful answer. It's a daily flight and we're not mindreaders.

Looking at flight records, SQ921 is frequently delayed by 1-2 hours, yet the corresponding inbound flights are almost always on time. I don't think the 773 fleet is that unreliable that they have technical issues that often. Far more likely that MNL itself is the problem.
                            Sorry about that. What I should have said was the flight in question is on the 20/02 @ 7pm and its departure has not been as sheduled although saying that, yesterday's departure was 10 mins early.Have you ever been to MNL?

Comment

Sorry about that. What I should have said was the flight in question is on the 20/02 @ 7pm and its departure has not been as sheduled although saying that, yesterday's departure was 10 mins early.Have you ever been to MNL?
                              No, I've never encountered MNL. How efficient is it as an airport?

Comment

I fly to MNL almost every other week and usually the delay is due to congestion at MNL. They only have 1 runway for all landings and take offs for large aircraft (they have a shorter one used for small aircrafts to take off; no landings as far as I know). It is common to wait for 3-4 aircraft to land before 1 aircraft gets to depart.

SQ921 also seems to depart at a busy hour, so it’s very common for doors to close on time, only for the aircraft to sit at the gate for a further half hour before pushing back. After pushing back, you queue for another 30-40 minutes to the runway before departing. In my experience, the waiting time really varies which is why you see the fluctuation in departure time in the past week. For that reason, I prefer to take SQ919 which seems to experience less delay. I think 917 is even more on time.

Do note that there is about 45 minutes of padding in the schedule as the flight time is only about 3 hours. If you depart an hour late, I wouldn’t worry about the connection.

In any case, SQ will take care of you if you really do end up being so delayed and miss your connecting flight. On the bright side, there’s still SQ306 so SQ may put you there if you miss your original SQ322.

Comment

Working...
                                X