Singapore Airlines plans to make Doha as stopover destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines plans to make Doha as stopover destination

Found this article that says SQ is exploring the possibility of serving a destination via Doha. Any guesses as to which city SQ will fly SIN-DOH-xxx?

DOHA: Singapore Airlines said it has achieved a 12-percent growth in the past year from their Middle East flights to Singapore. The national carrier is also planning having Doha as a stopover destination.

“We have achieved good results for the first quarter of this year and last year. Last year, we had a 12-percent growth, considering it was the onset of the global financial crisis. We are currently exploring on having extension flights, or stopover flights from Singapore, to Doha, to another destination. We already had talks with the local authorities and they were open to this subject… Now, we are checking our scheduling so we can arrange our flights when the time comes,” said George Y Twal, director GSA of Singapore Airlines.
    http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Dis...0905252339.xml

For a start, SQ can move all the non-revenue generating tag-on flights via DXB (to RUH) or AUH (to JED) to via DOH if they are able to get fifth-freedom out of DOH. Currently, SQ does not have fifth-freedon rights on AUH/JED and DXB/RUH.

Comment

Well first they have to start SIN-DOH

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon View Post
        For a start, SQ can move all the non-revenue generating tag-on flights via DXB (to RUH) or AUH (to JED) to via DOH if they are able to get fifth-freedom out of DOH
        Not only that, but perhaps code-share with Qatar Airways on some of the routes beyond DOH that both would like to open up, but could not financially do so on its own.
        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I'm hoping for a codeshare to BEY and/or IKA. A Shiite run would be interesting if fears are realised and I end up in DOH in 2-3 years.

Comment

Will SQ wait for the opening of New Doha Airport first or start the service before the opening?

I hate the old Airport because it do not have air bridges so everyone have to bus to the terminal...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
              I'm hoping for a codeshare to BEY and/or IKA.
              Didn't SIA fly to IKA or whatever its code was in the 70s when the country was still a monarchy? I think I have a Silver Kris magazine boxed up somewhere with the route map showing that as a destination.
              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
              X