No announcement yet.

Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see why this could be a source of confusion. If I saw a bathrobe in the room with my name/initials embroidered on it, I'm normally inclined to think that they want me to take it with me - after all, they're not going to be using it for anyone else!

But Kyo's suggestion that you're supposed to keep it there as your 'own' all the time made me think as well. That also makes perfect sense - make you feel more of a sense of familiarity with the place, etc etc.

So, basically, I have come to the conclusion that SGS is the only one at fault for not clarifying the purpose of the bathrobe - are you supposed to take it or leave it? - and that they should be sending everyone a round of Starpoints in compensation for the confusion. That, or some more free drinks at Bar Su

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Oh oh ... does this mean that I was not supposed to take away the framed photo of me which the W Maldives gave ? I should have left it behind for them to keep in storage for my next visit so as to encourage me to stay again ? I took it away with me!

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      I suppose this chap's got it all wrong, then?
      Not him, the Westin. I've been telling you all for years that place is a wrong 'un, and here is further evidence. Never trust a hotel with dual lifts*.

*with the honourable exception of the PH in Hamburg.
      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 6 October 2011, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• AOT Round 2

The same management at the Westin does the same bathrobe thing, but I'm told it's after the 100th stay on TOF. I don't think you're supposed to take it with you otherwise they'd keep having to sew a new one every single time, and let's be honest - it's highly likely that they're not going to
        Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Of course you are supposed to take it with you. Why would you not be ?. It's a gift from them for giving them so much business. As for every single time, well I am sure that the Westin would be more than happy about giving out a free bathrobe every single time someone passes another 100 stays.
        Why would you not be? Because perhaps it's meant to act more like a bonus to make frequent stayers feel good about themselves for all their future return visits? To act as a carrot of sorts and to influence future bookings?
        Are you serious ?. It's a THANK YOU gift - just as it said clearly on the card - for all the business 40 stays (and a few BarSu visits) has given them. Nothing to do with carrots, or future stays. You've got the wrong end of the process fella.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not him, the Westin. I've been telling you all for years that place is a wrong 'un, and here is further evidence. Never trust a hotel with dual lifts*.

*with the honourable exception of the PH in Hamburg.
        HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          They will try and offer you an alternative first, probably the Westin or the Four Points.

They are now confirming opening date has slipped further, to November. One of these days a Hotel in Thailand will open on time....and maybe a new aircraft will be delivered on time...and maybe....

Opening rate of THB 2111++ is pretty decent.
          Has the opening date been postpone again? Can't book for 1-4 Nov now.... I thought the date has been confirmed as I saw an article in ST yesterday
          visit my blog

Comment

• Hmm.. When in BKK (hope ** not there this fortnight) pls stick to 5 stars joint. I cant think of a better place to stay at 5 star property at 3 star price. Being a new RA, IC is my fav....and Andrea at IC Club is sooo lovely.

Comment

• i was looking for hotel in bkk for next week. westin has promo rate of 3200++ rate 。four point 2200+. with triple point at westin, i think westin may be a good deal.

crossing my finger the flood will be less "issue" affer this weekend.
              visit my blog

Comment

• Many Accor's hotel in BKK offerig THB1,200++ for member, including Novotel Siam, Pullman Bangkok, Vie Hotel and the new Muse Hotel.

Tempted to stay in Muse Hotel for just THB1200++
                visit my blog

Comment

• Is Westin under reno now?
                  visit my blog

Comment

• The swimming pool is... as of 2 weekends ago, that's all... anyone have any updated info? They didn't mention anything...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalked View Post
                      Hmm.. When in BKK (hope ** not there this fortnight) pls stick to 5 stars joint. I cant think of a better place to stay at 5 star property at 3 star price. Being a new RA, IC is my fav....and Andrea at IC Club is sooo lovely.
                      Seriously SQTalked, please do us all a favour - I don't need to develop a paracetamol addiction everytime I read one of your posts - and stop posting after enjoying a few ethanol charged beverages...

To the mods, my apologies for taking the topic off topic...

Comment

• For those looking for accomodation, you can try the new kids on the block, Hotel Muse. It is located in Langsuan, just acrosss CIMB.

The hotel has a European style decor. I stayed there in early November and quite enjoy the stay
                        visit my blog

Comment

• Since I just came back from BKK and was checking out BKK hotels, I realized that there is a relatively new Anantara (took over some other hotel and renovated it).
                          It is going for $77USD a night for a Deluxe room(which is essentially a suite) with buffet breakfast included ala Groupon style via Travelzoo. The regular room with breakfast included is $67 which makes the suite a better deal. Valid until Sep 2012 next year.

FOr those intereested, there are only 2 more days left to buy the Groupon.
                          http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals...l/Getaway/9781

Comment

• Westin or Fourpoints?

Will this be a no brainer question?

Westin B2960 min 2 nights. 4points B2300.

Never stay in both hotel before. I was at Westin for dinner and looked into it from Sheraton, the building looks old.

4points should be newer building right.

So is it worth to spend extra b2100 (3x700) to stay at Westin over 4points?
                            visit my blog

Comment

• The answer is it depends on what you're looking for. Westin now gets all my business after a dodgy stunt the 4P tried to play last Saturday. Til now they still haven't removed a redundant charge, on top of all that.

One of the 4P's managers is an idiot, the rest are great. The Westin is good if you get to know their managers also.

Comment

• 4P showers flood the bathroom (don't know whether they have rectified this or not).
                                Westin is a ho hum but connectivity with Asoke BTS is a gem.

I would go Plaza Athenee, especially if you have SPG Plat.

Comment

Working...
                                X